First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since Honda ran some updates,I've been getting this red error screen when starting android auto it won't load any further and says my cars software may be out of date. If I unplug the cable and plug it right back up ,it seems to load fine, but its becoming a nuisance. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
red screen on phone right? I've had it on and off since I got the car. Knock on wood, hasn't happened in weeks. I've resolved it in the past by rebooting my phone and/or the headunit.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
red screen on phone right? I've had it on and off since I got the car. Knock on wood, hasn't happened in weeks. I've resolved it in the past by rebooting my phone and/or the headunit.
Yea, it just started about a week ago after Honda ran some updates, I don't know if that's a coincidence,but it worked fine till then.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yea, it just started about a week ago after Honda ran some updates, I don't know if that's a coincidence,but it worked fine till then.
Which update? I'm slated to have one, not looking forward to new problems. LoL

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which up date? I'm slated to have one, not looking forward to new problems. LoL
I'm not sure to be honest with you, but it was just two weeks ago if that helps.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Since Honda ran some updates,I've been getting this red error screen when starting android auto it won't load any further and says my cars software may be out of date. If I unplug the cable and plug it right back up ,it seems to load fine, but its becoming a nuisance. Anyone else have this issue?
had the same issue, also whenever android auto did work it would always randomly disconnect, typically when touching the usb cable. I thought the cable was the problem, or that it needed a software update. I took it to my dealer and they said no its the headunit, something is messed up with it and theyre replacing it with a new one for free under warranty. Ill report back later whenever I get the car back and let you know if that solved the problem

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
had the same issue, also whenever android auto did work it would always randomly disconnect, typically when touching the usb cable. I thought the cable was the problem, or that it needed a software update. I took it to my dealer and they said no its the headunit, something is messed up with it and theyre replacing it with a new one for free under warranty. Ill report back later whenever I get the car back and let you know if that solved the problem
Lol,I just had a new head unit put in. I haven't had the red screen pop up for a while now, it seems to have stopped. First it would do it,and soon as I unplugged and put the cable back in,it was fine. It did this the last time they ran some updates also,then stopped.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Lol,I just had a new head unit put in. I haven't had the red screen pop up for a while now, it seems to have stopped. First it would do it,and soon as I unplugged and put the cable back in,it was fine. It did this the last time they ran some updates also,then stopped.
Hopefully they squashed the issue for good with the HU replacement and software update. My bumper to bumper warranty is expiring in like 7000 miles lol.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
There seems to be a general problem with Android Auto on the 10th Gens, and performing a headunit factory reset should fix it.
  • Enter the Advanced System Settings, which will be the Android KitKat Settings Menu.
  • Navigate to the Backup/Reset option, then choose Factory Reset.
It takes ~10 - 15min to fully reboot back into Android, and once done, Android Auto should work normally.

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
Been having issues with my Nexus 6 since December. Never got AA to work since. My phone has been glitchy for a while now aside from AA and am upgrading to S9 or S9+ today. But doesn't sound like it's the phone anyway. May have to contact dealer next week.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got an Alcatel fierce 4, I've had no problems for almost two weeks now after it being screwed up for two days.

gen10_civics_ig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've got an Alcatel fierce 4, I've had no problems for almost two weeks now after it being screwed up for two days.
Okay boys, so things were good for the first week, now I am having the same problem. I swapped USB cables again for good measure, and still getting random No Device Detected messages on the this brand new head unit. So I dont know what to do. Are we out of luck?
Sponsored