ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone, don't post often, but this has annoyed me so much on my last trip. I have tried so many different cables from Amazon and no matter what I do, the phone will constantly intermittently disconnect and then reconnect.

I just purchased both indigogo wireless AA funds, but until then, has anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Also off subject a bit.. most rattle prone interior of a Civic I've ever owned. I gave up trying to fix each one.. worst offender would be the ceiling though.
Sponsored

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I had this issue quite frequently early on myself, and it took an Anker cable to finally solve it for the most part. Occasional disconnects still occurred, but it was muuuch less frequently. I had posted about the issue a couple of years ago and others here had said they never experienced it, so perhaps some of us were just unlucky.

OP
OP
ericc191

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had this issue quite frequently early on myself, and it took an Anker cable to finally solve it for the most part. Occasional disconnects still occurred, but it was muuuch less frequently. I had posted about the issue a couple of years ago and others here had said they never experienced it, so perhaps some of us were just unlucky.

Wow, well I'll report back on this thread once I get the wireless Android auto adapter and see how that works

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Wow, well I'll report back on this thread once I get the wireless Android auto adapter and see how that works
Yeah it’s pretty obnoxious. I just switched to an iPhone yesterday and my USB port doesn’t even seem to recognize the cable I bought for it (A high quality $40 Nomad cable at that). Doesn’t even respond. However re-testing my Anker cable to my Galaxy, it worked fine so I know the USB port is fine. I’m looking into purchasing a wireless adapter as well, but in the meantime I have an Anker Powerline III USB-A to Lightning cable en route that will arrive this week.

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Look for a USB-IF certified cable. Amazon sells one for about 6 bucks. It should solve your disconnects.

I have zero disconnects but my phone will not connect unless I chose USB File Transfer from the connection type on the phone. Most likley a software bug on the phones side.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I use a cheapo 5 for $12 magnetic cable from Amazon without any issues. My AA do disconnect then reconnect if I move my phone the wrong way given the weak magnetic connection. So from this experience, I think your problem could be related to a mis-aligned or loose usb connector on either end.
Sponsored