UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Hello all, first post here so apologies if this is in the wrong place or anything!

I have a 2018 Civic Sport Plus manual hatchback and have a strange issue with the infotainment that I can't seem to find anywhere else online. When the engine is on, Android Auto connects perfectly with no problems. When I set the car to accessory mode but not fully on (clicking the power button twice without having the clutch down) it also works fine. However after the car has been in accessory mode and I turn the engine off (either through turning the car off completely then back on or going straight from accessory mode to on) Android Auto refuses to connect on any phone. To fix I either have to restart the infotainment by holding the power button for several seconds or turn the car off for a good 10 minutes or so to allow everything to reset.

Has anyone else ever come across this before and does anyone have any potential fixes? I haven't used HondaHack or anything similar to make alterations to the infotainment, it is completely stock.

Thanks

EDIT: After taking my car to the local dealership for a Start/Stop related problem, I also asked them to have a look into this Infotainment issue. They said they have never come across this issue before and were completely unsure of what to do. However, they notified me that to fix my Start/Stop issue, they performed a sort of reset on the battery as they said it can sometimes go out of sync with the ECU.

Turns out as soon as I jumped in the car, to by my and the dealerships surprise, the Infotainment problem was solved. I can only assume that this battery reset was the fix as the only other changes they made were replacing the grill due to the infamous front parking sensors issue with the rain and also replaced the fuel pump due to a recall, both of which I doubt impacted it at all. For anyone that has this issue in the future, I would recommend going through this process of resetting the battery. I'm not sure how they did it exactly but from doing a little research at home, I believe it is something to do with removing a part of the negative cable connection from the battery and then reconnecting it. Hope this helps!
Sponsored

Last edited: