ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
so I got it to work finally with a better Samsung cord. Donyou have to leave it plugged in the whole time to use android auto? if so I'll probably never use it
Yes, you have to leave it plugged in to use it. Currently, it's not connected wirelessly
Sponsored

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Galaxy S8 user here and I don't know if being stuck on Android 9 is a factor, if it being a Samsung is a factor, or if it's purely bad luck, but no cable has managed to keep this thing consistently connected to Android Auto. Anker has been the best so that's what I use now, but even in a 30 minute trip it will usually disconnect a couple of times. It's to the point where I mostly avoid having to use it and just try to memorize directions before I set off, like it's pre-internet days again.

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
Samsung Note 8 user here.
2020 Si Coupe

I've narrowed it down to the charging percentage, in relation to the disconnects. There aren't that many topics about this online, but from the few threads that I've read, states that it's the charging reaching either 85% or 100%.

Once it reaches full charge, it will disconnect. Nothing you can do about it on the 10th gen. Could be different on the newer Samsungs and Apple.

Apple 8 Plus and Note 8 both have issues, regardless of limiting your charge on the phone.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I had no connection problems for about 7 months, and now I can't connect at all. I've tried 5 different cables, all the "suggestions" that AA mention in troubleshooting.

What I have noticed is that your phone when connecting to AA, is much like connecting it to a computer, and the phone needs to switch from charging to data transfer modes when plugged in. My phone, and apparently a ton of others, won't switch over at all, and don't even give the option after getting a certain update.

My friend has the same phone, versions, etc. Plug his phone in, and it tries to connect. Mine, nothing.
Sponsored