Android Auto, and text messages

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello, I'm having some issues with Android Auto in my Si.

Everything worked great until a couple days ago. Now when I receive a text message I can play it, but when it asks if I want to reply and I say yes, it says it don't understand.

I can send texts through AA by pushing the talk button and telling it to text so and so, but not as a reply to a message I've received and listened to.

This issue has persisted through 2 phones ( Nexus 6p and a Galaxy S8+ ). I've reset the head unit, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Weathergirl

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Hello, I'm having some issues with Android Auto in my Si.

Everything worked great until a couple days ago. Now when I receive a text message I can play it, but when it asks if I want to reply and I say yes, it says it don't understand.

I can send texts through AA by pushing the talk button and telling it to text so and so, but not as a reply to a message I've received and listened to.

This issue has persisted through 2 phones ( Nexus 6p and a Galaxy S8+ ). I've reset the head unit, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

Weathergirl

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
I've had my 2017 Civic about a month, and I drive for my job so spend much of my day in the car. So far AA works fine with navigation and with my speaking texts, but receiving them is hit and miss. Also, on the rare times I DO receive a text, I cannot reply even when I answer yes. I'm assuming this is a software glitch with AA itself? I've tried changing phone settings to no avail. Any solution? Oh, and btw I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I ended up researching this through the Google forums, and it seems like the issue I was having was on Google's end. It's started working again for me.

Weathergirl

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
I ended up researching this through the Google forums, and it seems like the issue I was having was on Google's end. It's started working again for me.
Hmmm... I'm continuing to have the problem. I'll have to play with my Google settings some more. The Navigation works fine. It's just the texting...

Sphericalpuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag