Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Curious if I could get away with a cheaper generic android from eBay. I’m not much the gadget/computer guy so processing speed is not a concern. As long as I have mirror image, original back up cam and steering wheel controls and Navi I’m good.

Also I have 18 hatchback sport so pretty much anything is an upgrade. From what I’ve read sounds like popular ones are Dasaita Phoenix and some Joying none of which I see on eBay.

Anyways any feedback would be great here’s an example of what I’m looking at. Thanks
Honda Civic 10th gen Android? Advice C503837D-2352-4745-98BD-3AE9F062C1E5
Sponsored

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
As basic as the OEM head unit is, it'll be a big downgrade if you go for some of the cheaper android head units. The response time, touch sensitivity, brightness/viewing angles and quality of them can be terrible. Some of them take ages to boot too.

I'd stick to the tried and tested aftermarket ones like you mentioned. I have used a few Joying head units and have one in my EP3. Definitely one of the better options.

OP
OP

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
As basic as the OEM head unit is, it'll be a big downgrade if you go for some of the cheaper android head units. The response time, touch sensitivity, brightness/viewing angles and quality of them can be terrible. Some of them take ages to boot too.

I'd stick to the tried and tested aftermarket ones like you mentioned. I have used a few Joying head units and have one in my EP3. Definitely one of the better options.
[/QUOTEThx. Kinda figured that. Most cases you get what you pay for. Just wanted to check hoping to save money. Thanks
Sponsored