And then, this happened (My coupe got mashed)

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
***UPDATE 12/6/18
I got the estimate from my car repairs. They aren't totaling the car, the shop said there was no structural damage. Yay!
Total repair costs...about $4000. Boo!
State Farm will cover my claim. Yay! Except the $500 deductible. Boo!
That's it for now...

Hi everyone...yesterday we had heavy rains in So cal. I woke up to find that our old wooden deck in front of our house had collapsed...right on top of my 2016 civic coupe.:eek:

The photo is kind of hard to read, but the car is in a gray car cover on the lower left half of the frame.

And, I had just added a spoiler and grill to it last month.

I guess I should look at the bright side- I wasn't standing next to it when it happened, so no one was hurt. It's still drivable, but I'm wondering if there is major frame damage due to the weight of the wood( it took 5 firemen the extricate the car.) It's going in to the shop on Monday.
Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) poorsharkey

I'll post damage pictures soon.

<sigh>.
Sponsored

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Wow, sorry for getting hit at such an early age...I guarantee there is no frame damage but likely extensive exterior repair. I am assuming insurance will cover?

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
Do you have more pics of the car now that it’s removed from the debris? Is the roof caved at all?

davidpeab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
That's a drag. Will it be covered under your home owner's insurance or the car insurance?

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Wow, sorry for getting hit at such an early age...I guarantee there is no frame damage but likely extensive exterior repair. I am assuming insurance will cover?
YEs, it's covered under my comprehensive with State Farm.

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Do you have more pics of the car now that it’s removed from the debris? Is the roof caved at all?
Hi, no pics yet due to the rain, but I'll take extensive pics tomorrow and post. From what I can see, there are 4 dents in the hood, bent right fender, dented right pillar near passenger window, dented roof where it meets the windshield, windshield cracked from the top on down, and scratches on left bumper( which is a weird one, lol).

Piggyzzy6688

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe
OMG. This sucks. Glad that your insurance got you covered. Hopefully nothing major damaged. Keep us posted!

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
When you took it to the shop and they asked you what happened, did you reply, "hit the deck!"? Seriously though, that stinks. I was driving 25mph on the street beause it was raining so hard

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
When you took it to the shop and they asked you what happened, did you reply, "hit the deck!"? Seriously though, that stinks. I was driving 25mph on the street beause it was raining so hard
Ha! Good one!

OP
OP

barbados

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag
Hi everyone...yesterday we had heavy rains in So cal. I woke up to find that our old wooden deck in front of our house had collapsed...right on top of my 2016 civic coupe.:eek:

The photo is kind of hard to read, but the car is in a gray car cover on the lower left half of the frame.

And, I had just added a spoiler and grill to it last month.

I guess I should look at the bright side- I wasn't standing next to it when it happened, so no one was hurt. It's still drivable, but I'm wondering if there is major frame damage due to the weight of the wood( it took 5 firemen the extricate the car.) It's going in to the shop on Monday.
poorsharkey.jpg

I'll post damage pictures soon.

<sigh>.
Okay, guys, here are some photos. There's more than this, but these give the general idea. To be honest, I'm impressed with how it held up...literally hundreds of pounds of beams and joists fell down onto the car. It's going to the shop tomorrow for a damage assessment.
Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.04.06 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.03.51 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.03.28 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.02.32 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.03.08 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.02.09 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen And then, this happened  (My coupe got mashed) image

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Okay, guys, here are some photos. There's more than this, but these give the general idea. To be honest, I'm impressed with how it held up...literally hundreds of pounds of beams and joists fell down onto the car. It's going to the shop tomorrow for a damage assessment.
Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 6.04.06 PM.png
Thats not too bad after all, *gulp*.

2slowgs-r

First Name
KnockOut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I’m sure insurance will total it. Part out? :)
Sponsored