And then there was one...

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was just announced there will be no 2017 Kia Forte Koup... that means the Honda Civic Coupe is THE LAST C-Segment coupe you can even get...

After the death of the Scion tC, the Golf 3 door, the short lived Elantra Coupe and now the Forte Koup and an uncertain future for the Veloster the Civic is the only true 2 door coupe left on the market in the C-Segment cars.

I think the Civic coupe is pretty safe from the axe though. In terms of coupe sales it's always been the leader. And while it doesn't sell nearly as well as the sedan civics, it now offers something to buyers that no other automaker has. An affordable sporty FWD coupe. I'm thinking with the heritage of the Si, the constantly strong sales numbers that honda won't be axing the coupe anytime soon.

I get that it is a niche' market... but the c-segment coupes offered automakers a way to create a stylish and sporty alternative to the same boring sedans over and over again and create something that didn't have it's design heavily dictated by practicality or rear leg room. Yes of course there are plenty of relatively affordable RWD coupes out there... but for those of us that want a sporty dd that is also reliable in snow... will we ever see another rise to the C-Segment coupes? I remember a similar dip back in the very early 00's when the cobalt coupe and civic coupe were really the only coupes around. So maybe we will see another explosion of FWD coupes in another 5-10 years...
Sponsored

OP
OP
RobbJK88

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing is, unless they come back with a new tC/Celica all their planned sports cars are RWD, which is fine and all, but still leaves the Civic as the standalone sporty C-segment FWD coupe on the market. I've heard the veloster is going to survive another generation, but it's not really a coupe since it technically has 3.5 doors and is a hatch.
Sponsored