Status
Not open for further replies.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, just wondering which map is best to use for an invidia catted downpipe, front pipe + intercooler and charge pipe upgrade. I read through the posts and everyone seems to say that downpipe = cat-less but wondering if not having "intercooler" will hinder something. Any suggestions or just play it safe with catted 91 octane map until they update list?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, just wondering which map is best to use for an invidia catted downpipe, front pipe + intercooler and charge pipe upgrade. I read through the posts and everyone seems to say that downpipe = cat-less but wondering if not having "intercooler" will hinder something. Any suggestions or just play it safe with catted 91 octane map until they update list?
The only thing the intercooler maps do is raise the boost limits by 0.5 bars absolute and change the VTEC spooling a bit. You're not going to be risking anything by not running the intercooler map other than leaving some power longevity on the table.

The high-flow-cat map on 91 actually gives you just as much ignition advance as switching to 93 octane fuel, so it's a really good map for 91 octane users. Interestingly, this same ignition advance isn't on the 91 catless map. The basemaps are really weird.

What you could do is copy the changes from the intercooler map into the 91 HFC map. That's basically what I've done myself with a few of the 93 maps. It's doubtful they're ever going to release intercooler+high flow maps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
When you say this, what is the important factor? Ambient air temp? Humidty? Air density?
Ambient air temp.

We're at sea level in Florida so air density is irrelevant here, but air density does have an effect in high altitude regions as the turbo has to work harder to push the same amount of air. The turbo limits go down as altitude increases.

Humidity probably has a very slight effect on burn rate, but it's not looked at by the ECU.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
The only thing the intercooler maps do is raise the boost limits by 0.5 bars absolute and reduce the IAT2 compensation a bit. You're not going to be risking anything by not running the intercooler map other than leaving some power longevity on the table.

The high-flow-cat map on 91 actually gives you just as much ignition advance as switching to 93 octane fuel, so it's a really good map for 91 octane users. Interestingly, this same ignition advance isn't on the 91 catless map. The basemaps are really weird.

What you could do is copy the changes from the intercooler map into the 91 HFC map. That's basically what I've done myself with a few of the 93 maps. It's doubtful they're ever going to release intercooler+high flow maps.
That's solid information. Much appreciated and great write up!

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would recommend record your logs and make sure you’re safe. I’m on BP 93 octane in Minnesota. I can’t run any map except for the least aggressive 91 PRL (surprising the timing is the least aggressive of all the maps).
Swapping fuel to Shell 93 this week. Going to run half a tank through and try again.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would recommend record your logs and make sure you’re safe. I’m on BP 93 octane in Minnesota. I can’t run any map except for the least aggressive 91 PRL (surprising the timing is the least aggressive of all the maps).
Swapping fuel to Shell 93 this week. Going to run half a tank through and try again.
Indeed. Always datalog. I'm working on a tool that'll do datalog analysis, too.

Fedcopper

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Watched a video of a guy switched from Ktuner Prl bolt on tune to Hondata and went from 319 to 351 just on a base map tune. I still think the tuner didn't have it in R+ mode. I was told the Ktuner PRL bolt on tune yields 350 at a minimum. Far cry from 319 the guy was getting.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
they are not new base maps. Its just a wizard to get you into the base map that best suits the modifications that you have installed on your car. Inlet pipe and charge pipes have no effect on the base map that gets chosen.
Ah. I wonder what the point of the new inlet pipe and charge pipe options is then?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ah. I wonder what the point of the new inlet pipe and charge pipe options is then?
im sure its so they dont get questions like,
"i don't see a prl inlet pipe, and prl charge pipe listed. what base maps do i use if i have those parts?"

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
There are no new calibrations as far as I can tell. It's just a wizard to help you narrow down the "best" base map to use. I'm sure Hondata has been getting a lot of questions from customers.

You'll still want to do some logging to make sure everything looks healthy.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Best way to know would be to load your existing map and then adjust it and pay attention to any of the tables.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There were no changes to any of the maps. They just put every part imagineable into the wizard so people would stop asking them which basemap to use for part x, y or z.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.