First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi all!

Couldn't really find a solid answer as I scoured the forums so I apologize if it's been asked before. I've heard a lot of good things about the Amsoil Synchromesh MTF so I was wondering exactly which type I buy and how much of it do I need. From what I've read, I believe it's this one? And I buy 2 quarts of those correct? If I bring it to a mechanic to change the fluid out, do I need to provide them with the washers as well? Or do I only need to hand them the transmission fluid. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
I just changed mine to amsoil synchromesh mtf over the weekend now gears are nice and smooth. I do recommend u get a new washer for it but yourechanic probably have new one in the shop anyways. U need 2 quart. It is the one u have linked

helheim

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Swapped last weekend also. You need 2 bottles of what you linked like the other guys said and your mechanic probably has the crush washers but they are also pretty cheap and good to have on hand regardless.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Just buy the crush washers from here: https://www.hondapartsnetwork.com/

You never want to re-use them as it is highly possible to develop a leak. Once they are crushed they should never be re-used

Ziaro7

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Any Honda dealership should have the washer at their parts department for less than 2 dollars.
Sponsored