Amp remote wire

MikeRS1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
For those with an EX hatch, where did you connect the LOC to? The rear door speakers have 4 wires connecting to them, 2 on each terminal. Then the wires would have to run through the door harness.

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I just pulled the radio and put t-taps on the
Wires. The actual connector looks like the one below, just mirrored - flip flopped when looking at the wired side. . I used the yellow and brown wires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Amp remote wire Screenshot_2017-03-09-19-05-46

rjm161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I just pulled the radio and put t-taps on the
Wires. The actual connector looks like the one below, just mirrored - flip flopped when looking at the wired side. . I used the yellow and brown wires.

Screenshot_2017-03-09-19-05-46.png
Steven - did you use one of those wires as a remote turn on for your amps? I figured if I am in the dash and I can tap one of those wires, that keeps me from having to go to the fuse panel.

I assume 23 red would do the trick, but didn't know if 9 white would.

Thanks!!!

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Steven - did you use one of those wires as a remote turn on for your amps? I figured if I am in the dash and I can tap one of those wires, that keeps me from having to go to the fuse panel.

I assume 23 red would do the trick, but didn't know if 9 white would.

Thanks!!!
My p300-10 has a audio turn on option and as soon as it senses a signal thru the rca line it turns on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
My p300-10 has a audio turn on option and as soon as it senses a signal thru the rca line it turns on.
Hey man, Ive been trying to figure out if my amplifier has this same feature, but I honestly can't tell because a lot of the terminology is similar and I've never done my own install before. Any way you can help me out? I'm doing my install later today and it would be nice to avoid tapping in for the remote wire. I have a Kicker Kx 600.1. Any help would be really appreciated!

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-clkspRCnlm0/p_2064KX6001/Kicker-KX600-1.html

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
I hooked up my remote wire to the #1 fuse on the driver side cabin fuse bank by means of a fuse tap...the #1 fuse protects the radio...

There is a diagram of the fuse bank printed on the kick plate near the hood latch/release.

#1 fuse is marked accessory and handles 10 amps. Voltage of 12+ verified via multimeter.
I am planning to do a similar setup as you've completed, I'm just curious how you figured out that fuse #1 - 10A ACCESSORY protects the head unit? Just through trial and error? I've looked online for detailed descriptions of what each fuse slot protects and I can't find a breakdown of them more than what is listed in our owner's manuals. seeing as it just says 'ACCESSORY' that's wasn't detailed enough for me but now that you've already done this and confirm that it does in fact turn on and off with the radio power versus just the key in ACC mode/car running. I'm going to go ahead and add a circuit fuse tap into slot #1. I'm thinking of using a 7A or 5A fuse beside the factory 10A.
The addition of a switch is genius great call!
This will be the remote turn on to my JL Fix 82 then remote out of it to JL Twk D8 DSP and the same to Amplifier.

Thanks so much for posting your findings; they are exactly what I was hoping to find out to be true!

Any trouble since install?
Sponsored