Amp remote wire

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
I want to install a real subwoofer with an amp. Anyone know where i can find a remote wire or any wire thats turned on when accessory is turend on?
Sponsored

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
As with most sub/amp installs on any car, the cigarette lighter fuse is a good place to wire to.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
With all the extra electrical addons the new civic has there's extra plugs just hanging around. You can tap into the illuminating door sill, led interior lighting, or the wireless charging harness wire. Check their instructions for harness location.

OP
OP

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
As with most sub/amp installs on any car, the cigarette lighter fuse is a good place to wire to.
any idea how to remove the center console to get access to the rear of the cigarette lighter? thx

OP
OP

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
With all the extra electrical addons the new civic has there's extra plugs just hanging around. You can tap into the illuminating door sill, led interior lighting, or the wireless charging harness wire. Check their instructions for harness location.
where would i find the directions for the harness location and is it in every touring vehicle? Also is tapping in to the led door or interior lighting switch a good idea for the remote since the lights turn off after the door closes? thx

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T LSM ; 2006 Civic EX ASM
Country flag
I hooked up my remote wire to the #1 fuse on the driver side cabin fuse bank by means of a fuse tap...the #1 fuse protects the radio...

There is a diagram of the fuse bank printed on the kick plate near the hood latch/release.

#1 fuse is marked accessory and handles 10 amps. Voltage of 12+ verified via multimeter.

OP
OP

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
I hooked up my remote wire to the #1 fuse on the driver side cabin fuse bank by means of a fuse tap...the #1 fuse protects the radio...

There is a diagram of the fuse bank printed on the kick plate near the hood latch/release.

#1 fuse is marked accessory and handles 10 amps. Voltage of 12+ verified via multimeter.
will it turn off the amp if i turn off the radio? thx

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes. I even installed a switch to turn off my amp with the radio on if the wife is with me in the car.

OP
OP

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
yes. I even installed a switch to turn off my amp with the radio on if the wife is with me in the car.
great thx. any pics on how u got the main power cable into the engine bay? did u put it thru the firewall or just outside the door sills? thx

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drilled a hole behind the kick plate near the hood release.
Got pics on my phone but im at work so computors are not friendly to uploads and downloads.

OP
OP

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
Got pics on my phone but im at work so computors are not friendly to uploads and downloads.
ok thx again

jake_aguilera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I know this is late, but I'm looking to do the same thing. Could you upload those pictures or something? Lol

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag

jake_aguilera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
You don't need to tap into anything. Use a line out converter with remote turn on. It will turn on the amp the second it detects sound. You can also make a speaker attachment to plug into the speakers in the trunk. The only wire I had to run was the power wire. I didn't cut or splice anything.

I did mine like this guy did: http://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-install-subwoofer-in-non-touring-p300-10.5478/#post-116548

where did you get the adapter from? I've seen that thread before, just didn't know how to get the adapters.