OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Just tried to use coupon code but said "limit was reached"
Looks like the coupon issues are from purchasing multiples, should I up the limit?

As someone who knows almost nothing on amps, what sort of amp would I have to buy if I were to get this bypass? Someone told me that they don’t function the same way as a computer power supply unit does and most amps only support sub inputs/outputs forcing me to fork out a ton of money for a multi channel amp.
Yep, as @EP3R-T said, this could supply factory amp signal but you can check out this crutchfield article. Specifically the "Adding an amplifier for power" section. I'll look into creating some of my own write ups/pictures this weekend.
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like the coupon issues are from purchasing multiples, should I up the limit?

I was just trying to purchase one and it was showing the limit, maybe it has to be reset??

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Coupons back down lol
I run a tight ship. Apparently there was an expiration date by default too. I just tested the process, should work...thanks for the patience lol

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I run a tight ship. Apparently there was an expiration date by default too. I just tested the process, should work...thanks for the patience lol
Haha it's all good bud, thanks for the quick reply

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Just a reminder if I haven't responded to you individually, connectors and harnesses are here for order: https://ampharness.com/

I'm still working on the installation page if anyone needs it. It's pretty straightforward besides the pin coloring. It just plugs in between the OEM amp harness & amp, but I'll have a full write up with pictures & pin out coloring diagrams on the page.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Just got mine installed the other day, I definitely had to retrain my brain to NOT use the same colors as the harness haha..

Thanks for this harness though it def made things cleaner.

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Just got mine installed the other day, I definitely had to retrain my brain to NOT use the same colors as the harness haha..

Thanks for this harness though it def made things cleaner.
Aww heck yeah! Really glad to hear the positive feedback. Sorry I haven't had a chance to upload the colors/install pictures yet, crazy days.

Rreedd

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
Wires are all 22g.

Outputs on this one are on the attached diagram, but the next batch all cables have taps. I figured people can just cut the wires they don't need.

Attached a macro pic of the splices, not sure if there's a better angle.

20210129_164453.jpg

connector18pin-png.png
where r the rear satellite speakers?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I think he's talking about this connector:

Honda Civic 10th gen Amp Out Harnesses connector

If I recall correctly, the hatchbacks have two more pairs of wires in that connector for their little speakers in the C pillar, for a total of six pairs of rear outputs.

OP
OP

tmsaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
I think he's talking about this connector:

connector.png

If I recall correctly, the hatchbacks have two more pairs of wires in that connector for their little speakers in the C pillar, for a total of six pairs of rear outputs.
Hmm that's good feedback to know, tbh I don't know if anyone who's purchased has had hatchbacks.

But really, if that's a whole separate cable I'd assume they're just mids? Would appreciate any feedback here.