Amp and Subwoofer install Question

jake_aguilera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Oh he's set. I just don't want people drilling holes in my firewall and cutting wires and all that crap.. I did it myself without drilling a single hole or splicing a single wire. completely reversible incase the unthinkable happens haha.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Oh he's set. I just don't want people drilling holes in my firewall and cutting wires and all that crap.. I did it myself without drilling a single hole or splicing a single wire. completely reversible incase the unthinkable happens haha.
Yeah, I'm totally with you there - I don't want any permanent changes made to my car either, and can't bring myself to trust someone else to install stuff and not do that. But it does sound like OP has found a shop with a really good reputation at least. Not like the hacks at Best Buy.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
FYI, I remeasured the outputs from my Touring's amp tonight (not for this thread, lol - for my own use), this time using a voltage divider circuit to keep from clipping the inputs of my sound card. Below are some of the results, showing the subwoofer output from our amp has a very usable signal all the way down to 20 Hz:

Honda Civic 10th gen Amp and Subwoofer install Question freq-response

Note that this is a measurement of VOLTAGE, not VOLUME. The sub output being higher and the tweeter output being lower than the mid is likely due to the sub being less efficient at turning voltage into sound and the tweeter more efficient at it.