American Modified Grille FK8

Dougall91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Wife got me this grille from American modified for Christmas!!! Came with some minor defects in the paint so ended up wrapping it in carbon fibre to hide it. The mesh came broken also so bought one off Amazon went with blue because why not. Also with a little back and forth from the company they reimbursed my wife some money , so I was happy with that and put that towards the wrap and mesh of course. Only problem is now do I get an emblem or leave it as is???
Honda Civic 10th gen American Modified Grille FK8 1B061A49-2C7D-45DB-B522-6A6A569978AA

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wife got me this grille from American modified for Christmas!!! Came with some minor defects in the paint so ended up wrapping it in carbon fibre to hide it. The mesh came broken also so bought one off Amazon went with blue because why not. Also with a little back and forth from the company they reimbursed my wife some money , so I was happy with that and put that towards the wrap and mesh of course. Only problem is now do I get an emblem or leave it as is???
1B061A49-2C7D-45DB-B522-6A6A569978AA.jpeg
Looks good but also a pain to wrap i'm guessing. I prefer them with an emblem but I know some people like it without too. Wish they would have came up with an option for people that want to use an emblem just for ease of install.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
1B061A49-2C7D-45DB-B522-6A6A569978AA.jpeg
wow you got the upper trim one. Mine only get the usually gloss black one.
Mounting a emblem is easy since you just need the oem holder and few zip ties to secure on. I'll recommend replace the mesh with thicker one from home depot to make it more durable. Had it for 2 years now still in there but I can clear see some bend mesh area where it gets hit by the rock

Dougall91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Looks good but also a pain to wrap i'm guessing. I prefer them with an emblem but I know some people like it without too. Wish they would have came up with an option for people that want to use an emblem just for ease of install.
Yea definitely out of my skill level, got it done at a place called wraptors east in the gta (Toronto,Ajax) they said it was a pain to do but they did it. And I like what DeVo did for his emblem on the page before, I’ll probably do something like that if I end up going that route.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
FYI just posted these over in the Si thread but wanted to post them here too. I bought a custom sheet of hex grille material off ebay and cut it to fit this opening. Then used oversized washers I had laying around to screw it in from the back. Took some finessing but it is strong and looks good. Then I used an extra emblem holder I had from my current grille. The holder normally pops inside an opening on the other grille but I put it on top of the mesh and drilled some strategic holes to allow me to use screws and washers to hold it in place from the back like the mesh. Overall I think it will look good once installed (still need to get my Si emblem mounted after I pull the old one out. Pics below.

PXL_20211229_002131893.jpg

PXL_20211229_002152365.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220101_163806570.jpg

original_2c6eb23b-53b5-4b57-acb2-d83be5a99181_PXL_20220101_163813187.MP.jpg
Do you have a link to the hex grill material you bought from ebay? I am thinking on getting this grille and this stronger mesh. What part number is the emblem holder to fit the front badge? I have a Honda Civic Hatchback Sport FK7. How's this front grille and this mesh working out for you so far? So far so good?

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a link to the hex grill material you bought from ebay? I am thinking on getting this grille and this stronger mesh. What part number is the emblem holder to fit the front badge? I have a Honda Civic Hatchback Sport FK7. How's this front grille and this mesh working out for you so far? So far so good?
Here is the Hex material I bought (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402304929968)

The badge holder I don't think you can buy separately as it came from the previous aftermarket grille I had similar to this one (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402568503463). You could message that seller to ask maybe. That grille had an opening in the middle that the badge holder snapped into after you installed the badge onto it. I just snapped it back out and drilled some holes into the back of it to secure it behind the new Hex material.

So far this is holding up great. The test for me was being able to power wash it to see how it would hold and i've done that 4-5 times now since we have been having a lot of snow and salt on the roads here lately. It's pretty rigid compared to the really thin mesh they send with this grille.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here is the Hex material I bought (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402304929968)

The badge holder I don't think you can buy separately as it came from the previous aftermarket grille I had similar to this one (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402568503463). You could message that seller to ask maybe. That grille had an opening in the middle that the badge holder snapped into after you installed the badge onto it. I just snapped it back out and drilled some holes into the back of it to secure it behind the new Hex material.

So far this is holding up great. The test for me was being able to power wash it to see how it would hold and i've done that 4-5 times now since we have been having a lot of snow and salt on the roads here lately. It's pretty rigid compared to the really thin mesh they send with this grille.
How did you cut it? Did you use a rotary/dremel tool? It fit 10th Gen Type R Badge or did you use FN2 badge on the badge holder?

caner92

First Name
Caner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R FK8
Country flag
anyone have parking sensors and how they can keep them when going to a american modified grill?
Sponsored