tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
it's only in preorder yet and im tempted to pick this up for the price for fitment and already comes in gloss black so not real need to paint, for the price i'm interested to see the fitment vs the ebay ones and quality.

https://americanmodified.com/produc...ille-glossy-black?_pos=1&_sid=c9468e183&_ss=r
It looks like the J's Racing FK8 front grill. I see a lot of those coming from China. Granted I wish I could answer your question regarding fitment, but even the J's has some fitment issues (imperfect, but typically good enough).

OP
OP
RBrackett

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
for me the price is tempting enough to give it a go and possible the hassle of a return if the fitment is beyond salvageable maybe ill order in the next few days

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Interested to see how this turns out too, though to just to note on the specifications it says: "The 2019 civic need to change type R Conversion Bumper to install this Front Sports Grille." Not sure what that means, but something to keep in mind.

OP
OP
RBrackett

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Interested to see how this turns out too, though to just to note on the specifications it says: "The 2019 civic need to change type R Conversion Bumper to install this Front Sports Grille." Not sure what that means, but something to keep in mind.
i saw that as well and looked into it. seems its for the 2019 civics (non-r) that need the CTR conversion bumper to fit this grill. this is the conversion they seem to be mentioning

https://americanmodified.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-style-front-bumper-with-grille

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The fact that one installed pics is of an actual J's grille is somewhat concerning.

At that price point, it might be worth it for someone to try it.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Fitment looks to be trash in the pic. Just another J's racing knock off.

IN FACT one of their product photos is a photoshop scrubbed version of the actual J's racing Grille promo photo.

Fuck this company.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
out of curiosity, I get one to see the fitment, but, as soon as I get it, I saw the top side grill to bumper tabs were missing one. It is so obvious because the rest of the tab is the but in the middle its missing. Will follow up to see if they can replace it for me, but the build quality isn't looking great.

JDMDownload

4.FK7s.Sake
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was curious about this front grille but I saw a video on an fk8 they posted... But the rest of this thread makes it seem sus

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen American Modified Grille FK8 AF3 mini

Just showing out the fitment, Pretty great. I will say this is very close or even same as OEM Fitment.

However, compare to J's, the American Modified one is like half short pass the opening which give it kind of odd appearence.

Function wise, I don't believe either J's or Ebay or this have a different performance. It opens much more airflow then OEW and that's all.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AF3 mini.jpg

Just showing out the fitment, Pretty great. I will say this is very close or even same as OEM Fitment.

However, compare to J's, the American Modified one is like half short pass the opening which give it kind of odd appearence.

Function wise, I don't believe either J's or Ebay or this have a different performance. It opens much more airflow then OEW and that's all.
Do you really need to remove the vertical beam? I thought the whole point of making this lookalike in half the depth of the J’s racing is for the ease of installation without changing anything?

Honda Civic 10th gen American Modified Grille FK8 E5620689-50F1-40E7-A8A5-9A449840B11F

Honda Civic 10th gen American Modified Grille FK8 62688EA9-DD19-4AEA-BF34-C5A3523B2D01

Honda Civic 10th gen American Modified Grille FK8 F5E25E6F-9DE5-4CF8-B55A-94C61E690841

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
AF3 mini.jpg

Did you actually keep this grille on the car? Any more pics?