saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This maybe a redundant question what is it that you really like? America Japanese or European cars. As I was younger I was American cars all the way some Japanese cars peak my interest Datsun z cars ,Toyota Supra,Mazda RX7, Honda prelude And the Subaru Brat and the AWD XT , but as I got older and read more about these different auto manufacturers and experience it that American autos unfortunately aren’t That good
over the years with flashy designs and gadgets their pretty much flawed designs ( not saying the other counties auto manufacturers are perfect ) but usually if they have a flawed design they would try to fix the problem . And European cars ( mainly talking about German auto manufacturers) have loss their touch too mainly do to the fact of building their cars in the U.S (In the southern right to work states) Yes Japanese auto makers do this as well but they maintain a price of their autos where the German auto manufacturers maintain their high prices and builded cheaply. Yes every auto manufacturer has their problems and they use investment groups which unfortunately tells them how to run their business ( big brother 1984) build SUVs, pickup trucks,sedans
and tell the consumers on what they want not the consumers wants ( I know I m going to hear flak on this remark but it is my opinion) not saying they should get rid of suvs and pickups they have their place and people need them I’m saying give more choices.
when I was looking for a two door car coupe or hatchback there where not many choices
mustang Camaro challenger but looking at these cars and seeing how cheap and unreliable they are brought me back to a Asian built car . Yes Honda Toyota Mazda and Nissan may have their problems like most auto , manufacturers also Hyundai ( Korean) but their more reliable
this post maybe opinionated by one poster ( me ) but this is how I feel about the auto industry today also to add marketing has a lot to to with it also that’s why any coupe or two door cars are non existent today. Unless the U.S auto makers make something different ( other than putting a ridiculous high horsepower engine in a car and make it completely uncontrollable) I will stay with a Japanese or Korean auto manufacturer
( probably Honda most likely)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I like Japanese cars, but lately Japanese cars have not been built in Japan so..... :dunno:

Doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like Japanese cars, but lately Japanese cars have not been built in Japan so..... :dunno:

Doesn't really matter at the end of the day.
True and yes I believe Ohio Indiana Canada that’s a few states off the top of my head plus country and Mexico but their still Japanese cars yes there are a few American engineers but I’m sure they have to hold up to the Japanese standards and quality. Look at GM with the exception of the corvette and pickups most of their cars are Opel and vauxhall design Chrysler is fiat design and ford just wants to build trucks. Like I posted before yes Japanese automakers have their lemons or clunkers And bad design like when Honda and rover
ventured to build sterling it just Japanese cars have more reliability
than most

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
Country flag
Not all of them are in RTW states.
Honda has at least two plants in Ohio, and Toyota has a facility in Kentucky and both of those states still force workers to be members if the union "represents" them.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not all of them are in RTW states.
Honda has at least two plants in Ohio, and Toyota has a facility in Kentucky and both of those states still force workers to be members if the union "represents" them.
Yes you’re correct but I was referring to the “German “ car companies Mercedes BMW VW and Audi in RTW states SC &TN I believe Honda and Toyota are non union companies and they treat their employees good I knew people that worked at BMW in SC and was treated horribly it is a revolving door at these RTW states I know I live in one

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to be an imports only kinda guy. Very ignorant towards other manufacturers. But I’ve learned over the years to appreciate things more. Now I don’t care where the car was made, if it is well put together and peaks all of my car interests, I’ll like it.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used to be an imports only kinda guy. Very ignorant towards other manufacturers. But I’ve learned over the years to appreciate things more. Now I don’t care where the car was made, if it is well put together and peaks all of my car interests, I’ll like it.
I agree as I posted I was US only but owning Asian cars for the last 20 years plus one German car I will never go back to the big three u.s automakers even if they peak my interest. A coworker has a 2018 mustang the same year as my civic also bought it brand new and it has less mileage than my car it been at the dealer for the stupidest thing like sensors thermostat and other ridiculous stuff involving that cheap interior the only time my civic was at the dealership was for fluid changes my car has zero problems for the two years I owned it.
but I posted this before yes Japanese cars have their problems but less then most.also like the old story go’s don’t buy a car built on a Friday no matter what it is :p

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree as I posted I was US only but owning Asian cars for the last 20 years plus one German car I will never go back to the big three u.s automakers even if they peak my interest. A coworker has a 2018 mustang the same year as my civic also bought it brand new and it has less mileage than my car it been at the dealer for the stupidest thing like sensors thermostat and other ridiculous stuff involving that cheap interior the only time my civic was at the dealership was for fluid changes my car has zero problems for the two years I owned it.
but I posted this before yes Japanese cars have their problems but less then most.also like the old story go’s don’t buy a car built on a Friday no matter what it is :p
Same with dodge products. I work as an inventory manager at a Honda dealer and that opened my eyes to a lot of cars that are just garbage. Lots of Chevy products, mini’s, vw’s, bmw’s, all Chrysler products and many more that leave at “wtf” haha but there are a lot of goods too. But I’ll still get all school girly over a hellcat, vette, mustang or bmw if it’s done right. I do that over any car that’s done right honestly haha

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same with dodge products. I work as an inventory manager at a Honda dealer and that opened my eyes to a lot of cars that are just garbage. Lots of Chevy products, mini’s, vw’s, bmw’s, all Chrysler products and many more that leave at “wtf” haha but there are a lot of goods too. But I’ll still get all school girly over a hellcat, vette, mustang or bmw if it’s done right. I do that over any car that’s done right honestly haha
I think the problem with BMW and Mercedes especially them to being that they used to be a exclusive car companies. Was when the started building the vehicle in the U.S and going public yes I know many auto companies are public which imo might have been thier down fall but that’s my opinion. And the leasing of Mercedes and BMW where if customers have a little more to spend they’ll lease these cars for two or four years and buy a Honda or Toyota after the lease are up especially the SUVs . When I was a kid I never saw a Mercedes or BMW in a department store parking lot if I saw one years ago it was heading out east ( on Long Island) to the Hamptons
now since the mid nineties and more so now i see more BMWs and Mercedes at Walmart target dollar general parking lots than a 10 th
gen civic coupe
Sponsored