Am I the only one that actually likes the orange OEM side marker?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I don't hate the orange, but I do think it looks best on ABM cars. Maybe because blue & orange are complementary colors (at least, in the RYB color model). Putting them next to one another produces a pop that you just don't get with other colors.

That said, I went with smoked markers myself. The aforementioned pop isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I found it distracting. The smoked markers better fit the overall color theme of my car.
Sponsored

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
on my "Metal" color they looked out of place... i switched them out for smoked with amber lights, much cleaner look (IMO).

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the clear side markers. It looks like an unfinished part to me lol.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was the same way. I couldn't understand why people were swapping out their orange sidemarkers for smoked/clear ones. I remember when I had my RSX Type-S I had clear sidemarkers and the true JDM way was to get orange ones. At first I hated the look of the smoked sidemarkers especially on a white car but they have grown but only a little on me. If i were to swap mine out I would probably go for the clear ones, but I actually like orange sidemarkers

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I can’t decide if I want the clear ones or the smoked lenses. I have the cosmic blue color but I really can’t decide if I want to swap out the OEM ones for the LED side markers. I heard there’s another brand out there that works just as good?

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
I like them, think I'll just change to an led build since I have some extras

OP
OP

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
For those just replacing the halogen bulb with an LED, what LED bulb are you using?

I just tried out 4 different ones:
Honda Civic 10th gen Am I the only one that actually likes the orange OEM side marker? 1596946096845

The one on the left is a Philips Ultinon Amber bulb and even though it’s probably the most reliable one I liked it the least. The other 3 are no name bulbs I had tried out and are white but I wanted to see which one I liked best for light pattern. I was surprised that I liked the one on the far right the best and by a large margin!

I’m going to have to get some like that in amber.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
i myself prefer the clear side markers. I won’t change mine because I had terrible experience with aftermarket side markers.

With my previous car (MB CLK 350), I bought the Depo clear side markets and they were terrible. Water would sip in and to remove the lens was a pain. Once I removed the len and dried it, the shine of the len became dull. DEPO did send me another set but I experienced the same issues. I had no choice but to re-install the original side markers.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For those just replacing the halogen bulb with an LED, what LED bulb are you using?

The one on the left is a Philips Ultinon Amber bulb and even though it’s probably the most reliable one I liked it the least.
I love my Ultinon bulb in the stock orange housing. Works and looks great to me. I don't need blazingly bright side markers.

Last edited:

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that the orange looks good with ABM which is what I have. I have no plans to change. Might match the orange brake calipers I am contemplating. I have been contemplating caliper colour for over a year now lol.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m glad I’m not the only one because I wanted to changed my side markers to the clear ones on my CBM but I haven’t seen any smoke ones in that color either.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lunar silver here, and the OEM Orange doesn't offend me enough to swap. I also like our front fake vent design. :dunno:
Sponsored