Am I the only one that actually likes the orange OEM side marker?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I don’t dislike some of the after market smoked and clear side markers and if my car was black, white, or silver I would probably swap it out, but on the Agein Blue I like the orange better. Anyone else?

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I the only one that actually likes the orange OEM side marker? 1596261966030
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
No. Clear is so much better. I pre-ordered my clear Asia Honda one before I got the actual car.

But Europe and Asia buy the orange ones from USA to replace their clear ones. And people in North America are buying clear ones to get rid of the orange ones.

people just like to mod their cars.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
No. Clear is so much better. I pre-ordered my clear Asia Honda one before I got the actual car.

But Europe and Asia buy the orange ones from USA to replace their clear ones. And people in North America are buying clear ones to get rid of the orange ones.

people just like to mod their cars.
That's true! Here in Thailand, people are swapping out their clear ones for orange. I like mine clear.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep same thing here people are swapping their clear ones for amber ones.Personally i never liked clear ones ,not on my previous 98 hatch and not now.I always liked the amber ones,but i will be swapping over to some smoked /ones with amber turn signal.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I don’t hate it like some do. I have smoked, and am debating swapping out for the OEM clear set.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think it depends on the car color and what people are looking for. For example, there are people with black cars that black everything out (chrome, markers, lights, dark windows) and to them, it's a cool, mean look. Other people see it as looking like a big, black, blah blob.

I personally have gone back and forth on the orange markers with my dark Cosmic Blue. I've tried smoked Depo's and clear Unity's and wound up selling them to members here because it just seems like the Cosmic Blue needs that pop of color to break up the darkness.

Then again, I just bought smoked/amber Unity's so we'll see how that goes. :cool:

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
No, you are not the only one. I also like the stock Amber.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't like the orange at all on the Lunar Silver hatch I had. I didn't mind it with the Championship White on the Type R, but the grey does look better so I swapped.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I order some clear side markers with the amber LEDs. I’m tempted to not put them on because I have the cosmic blue but I agree with @gtman making the color pop.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it either way, did mine just because it's a low cost mod lol a good warm up to take out the first screws off the new car (back then)

Though if I got to decide, I'd much prefer it designed to be a signal instead of side markers, if that's the case, I'd keep mine amber for sure.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I like the "glow" effect from the Unity sidemarkers much better than the stockers, personally. But everyone has different tastes, and there's usually an option for everyone. It's all good.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Orange blinking lights look great to me, just like black tires do, regardless of car color. I don't think my car would look better with red or clear transparent tires either.
Sponsored