Am I safe installing an RV6 Catted Downpipe?

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
Hey all. I’m sure this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it specifically how I’m asking.

I have a ‘19 Si that I just had Reflashed (basemap, 6 psi) by my local shop. My car is my daily so I have no intentions to go crazy with it, which is why I went with a $300 Reflash instead of Ktuner or a custom dyno tune, there’s just no need for all that, I have no intentions of replacing my clutch lol. Aside from the Reflash the only mod under the hood is a Mishimoto intake.

I do however want to add an RV6 catted downpipe. 10-14 added HP with a deeper exhaust note? Sign me up! I just want to make sure I’m 100% safe if I bolt it up now. Aside from little things I have zero intentions to do anything else after the downpipe.

The guys at RV6 said I would be fine, and I’m not trying to discredit them, but again this is my daily so I can’t have something go wrong because I should have done this tune instead of that tune or whatever. I’m just a little paranoid since I’m not a pro when it comes to modding and would like to hear from the community. Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey all. I’m sure this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it specifically how I’m asking.

I have a ‘19 Si that I just had Reflashed (basemap, 6 psi) by my local shop. My car is my daily so I have no intentions to go crazy with it, which is why I went with a $300 Reflash instead of Ktuner or a custom dyno tune, there’s just no need for all that, I have no intentions of replacing my clutch lol. Aside from the Reflash the only mod under the hood is a Mishimoto intake.

I do however want to add an RV6 catted downpipe. 10-14 added HP with a deeper exhaust note? Sign me up! I just want to make sure I’m 100% safe if I bolt it up now. Aside from little things I have zero intentions to do anything else after the downpipe.

The guys at RV6 said I would be fine, and I’m not trying to discredit them, but again this is my daily so I can’t have something go wrong because I should have done this tune instead of that tune or whatever. I’m just a little paranoid since I’m not a pro when it comes to modding and would like to hear from the community. Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Car will be fine, there’s been countless people who have installed these catted or catless. Just make sure to turn off the secondary o2 sensor since it will throw a code. Also pick up some PB blaster or something similar and soak the bolts/turbo studs a day or two before you plan on installing. I would also highly recommend picking up some extra turbo studs because there is a good chance they will snap. If they snap in the turbo you will have to have to remove the turbo, drill it out, and rethread the holes for a new turbo stud. So make sure to drench them with PB blaster