Am I insane or does my HVAC vent keep moving 'up'

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I absolutely hate the cold, in every way shape and form. It sucks more as I have poor blood circulation in my fingers.

So, for the last few weeks I've noticed that when I get in my car, I have my vents set so the heat (or AC once summer comes) hits both of my hands on the steering wheel. Almost every day for the last week or 2 when I get in my car from work the vent in the middle on the drivers side (the left one if you will) is always blowing the air UP and I have to move it back down slightly... I haven't moved the seat horizontally or vertically either... seems strange.

Anyone else noticing anything like this?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I absolutely hate the cold, in every way shape and form. It sucks more as I have poor blood circulation in my fingers.

So, for the last few weeks I've noticed that when I get in my car, I have my vents set so the heat (or AC once summer comes) hits both of my hands on the steering wheel. Almost every day for the last week or 2 when I get in my car from work the vent in the middle on the drivers side (the left one if you will) is always blowing the air UP and I have to move it back down slightly... I haven't moved the seat horizontally or vertically either... seems strange.

Anyone else noticing anything like this?
Not exactly the same problem, but a similar one. I manually select the heat to come out of only the floor vent, which turns the Auto light off. But after a while the car decides to switch it both the top vents and the floor vents.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Oh yes, i had that problem. Whenever it would get hot, the vents would move up. Try setting your heat to max and you'll and move them, you'll see it move up by itself. Dealership replaced the vents under warranty and it was fine after that.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh yes, i had that problem. Whenever it would get hot, the vents would move up. Try setting your heat to max and you'll and move them, you'll see it move up by itself. Dealership replaced the vents under warranty and it was fine after that.
I always have it on max for the most part. It happened again last night so perhaps when I book my next oil change I will mention this.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. Same thing was happening to me yesterday. Yesterday was a hot day, good to know next time this happens.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting. Same thing was happening to me yesterday. Yesterday was a hot day, good to know next time this happens.
Yes, it's very strange as I thought somehow it was me just moving or thinking that the vents were doing this, eventually I figured it out when I the heat was no longer on my hand while driving on the highway.

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
This happened to me. Only the left vent in the center did it. They replaced it, but it still does it to this day when it's really hot outside.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
The plastic vent repositions itself automatically ? Interesting, I'll have to observe this.
Yeah pretty easy to replicate if your cars effected.
Turn your temperatures up to “high” and make it where it blows face only and turn fan speed to max. Let it run for 10 minutes. Now with you finger try moving the center left vent, barely touching it will move it all the way up and will fail to move back to the old position even if you try (with fans still blowing at max speed and high heat).

Go to dealership if your still in warranty! 2016 civics manufactur warrarty is almost up.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah pretty easy to replicate if your cars effected.
Turn your temperatures up to “high” and make it where it blows face only and turn fan speed to max. Let it run for 10 minutes. Now with you finger try moving the center left vent, barely touching it will move it all the way up and will fail to move back to the old position even if you try (with fans still blowing at max speed and high heat).

Go to dealership if your still in warranty! 2016 civics manufactur warrarty is almost up.
Which is exactly why I got the 7 year / 160,000KM warranty.

That said, my rear wiper on my hatchback has ONCE AGAIN (for the second time) stopped working.

culprit is some kind of nut or washer or something gets too loose from the base of the wiper arm, so the base will turn but the wiper doesn't.

I COULD fix it myself as the service tech the first time told me exactly what it was (and that it was probably my subwoofer that is causing this too loosen up) but I'll get the dealer to fix it on my next oil change.

I call BS about the sub, the first (and second) time it happened after there was a lot of ice/snow on the back window so I feel like the weight of it and the base trying to turn is making this bolt or but undo itself.
Sponsored