Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly?

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Just picked my EX-L last night, and I noticed this after work as I was wiping off the rain spots. Is it just me or is there a problem on the drivers side?

Pretty sure a trip to the dealer is in my near future.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg
Same problem here. Did you get it fixed? Can you update us? What was the process like? Thanks!
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Just picked my EX-L last night, and I noticed this after work as I was wiping off the rain spots. Is it just me or is there a problem on the drivers side?

Pretty sure a trip to the dealer is in my near future.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg
Before you go to dealer try turning the rubber round things that are for hood adjustments on the body side of the car.. Went to dealer once amd customer was bitchin at a service writer about the hood alignment.. Excused myself for overhearing and asked for permission to look for 10 seconds.. Then asked if i could turn one thing.. That would not hurt.. Turned the rubber bumper.. Put hood down.. Fixed... The service writer looked at me like wtf? How did i not know that.. Got $10 for it... Tried to refuse it as she had a brand new car and i hadnt been a tech in 3 years.. She said no keep it.. As i problably saved her 4-5 hours of waiting there as they had no loaners and thats why she was so frustrated with the situation..

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Before you go to dealer try turning the rubber round things that are for hood adjustments on the body side of the car.. Went to dealer once amd customer was bitchin at a service writer about the hood alignment.. Excused myself for overhearing and asked for permission to look for 10 seconds.. Then asked if i could turn one thing.. That would not hurt.. Turned the rubber bumper.. Put hood down.. Fixed... The service writer looked at me like wtf? How did i not know that.. Got $10 for it... Tried to refuse it as she had a brand new car and i hadnt been a tech in 3 years.. She said no keep it.. As i problably saved her 4-5 hours of waiting there as they had no loaners and thats why she was so frustrated with the situation..
That's hilarious. So I assume you turn counterclockwise to adjust the hood up toward sky? Could you explain where the knobs are or snap maybe even a picture? Thanks a ton.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
That's hilarious. So I assume you turn counterclockwise to adjust the hood up toward sky? Could you explain where the knobs are or snap maybe even a picture? Thanks a ton.
2 different points on each side.. They turn clockwise for up counter for down.. Keep in mind if you move the one in the front downwards it can adjust the back of the hood upwards..
Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? 20170226_170759
Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? 20170226_170803

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
2 different points on each side.. They turn clockwise for up counter for down.. Keep in mind if you move the one in the front downwards it can adjust the back of the hood upwards..
20170226_170759.jpg
20170226_170803.jpg
Please clarify: you mean counterclockwise makes the hood rise, clockwise makes the hood go lower, right? (Clockwise will make the stopper go down, just like screwing down a bottle cap to close the bottle). Also, there are 2 rubber stoppers on the left and 2 on the right? Thanks.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please clarify: you mean counterclockwise makes the hood rise, clockwise makes the hood go lower, right? (Clockwise will make the stopper go down, just like screwing down a bottle cap to close the bottle). Also, there are 2 rubber stoppers on the left and 2 on the right? Thanks.
Depends.. Front ones going down can raise the back of the hood as its on the oposite.. Id go tamoer with mine but the wife took the civic today as she wanted to drive manual

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
Depends.. Front ones going down can raise the back of the hood as its on the oposite.. Id go tamoer with mine but the wife took the civic today as she wanted to drive manual
And there are 2 rubber stoppers on left and 2 on right? Thanks.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My 2013 Si sedan had the back driver's door misaligned along the bottom. You could look from the rear and it literally stuck out. I could get my finger underneath it.

Thankfully my dealer was able to get it flush. The panel fit on my 2006 and 2010 Civic was exceptional. From 2012 on, QC took a nosedive.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
The hood bumpers on the front of my car (on top of the radiator support) are not adjustable from what I can tell....the ones on the side by the fender are.

Captain Falcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Country flag
The hood bumpers on the front of my car (on top of the radiator support) are not adjustable from what I can tell....the ones on the side by the fender are.
I adjusted one on the fender and had a dramatic improvement. I was so psyched I didn't bother to mess with the front ones, but I'll mess around with them later and report back. Loking around my parking garage at work, it seems that the civics with the higher level trims all have this issue, so I'll be okay if I don't get absolute perfection. Some aren't that bad. Interstingly, the LC base models are better.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My trunk lid is misaligned too. Can the rubber stoppers also be turned there too? I tried to gently turn, but it seemed a little stubborn so I left it alone. Any suggestions? I need like 3mm of adjustment. Thanks so much for your help.
Yes

OP
OP
BillyCuth

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem here. Did you get it fixed? Can you update us? What was the process like? Thanks!
Took it into the dealer... They took it back and adjusted it. It's not perfect, but it is 1000% better.

Took them 5 mins.

subtlefocus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Took it into the dealer... They took it back and adjusted it. It's not perfect, but it is 1000% better.

Took them 5 mins.

How is the gap between the fender and hood?
Mine is like that too, the rubber knobs don't really do anything in terms of fixing this but I noticed the gap between the side of my hood and fender is so different on the drivers side and the passenger's side.
Passenger's side my house key doesn't fit into the gap, but on the drivers side I could drop it into the engine bay.

Anyone know a fix for this?
Car is new and never been in any type of accident.

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? IMG_20170303_150338167

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? IMG_20170303_150331667