Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
How is the gap between the fender and hood?
Mine is like that too, the rubber knobs don't really do anything in terms of fixing this but I noticed the gap between the side of my hood and fender is so different on the drivers side and the passenger's side.
Passenger's side my house key doesn't fit into the gap, but on the drivers side I could drop it into the engine bay.

Anyone know a fix for this?
Car is new and never been in any type of accident.

IMG_20170303_150338167.jpg

IMG_20170303_150331667.jpg
The knob behind the headlight
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Are you able to post a picture?
I tried raising and lowering the knob about halfway up the fender but this did not help.
A pic of the knob? I posted earlier.. If a oic of something else.. Then please elaborate.. I will tey to get it done.. Car will be home in about an hour

subtlefocus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
A pic of the knob? I posted earlier.. If a oic of something else.. Then please elaborate.. I will tey to get it done.. Car will be home in about an hour
The knob on the side about halfway up the fender did not help the gap adjustment. I noticed you posted a picture of there being 2 knobs above the radiator on the front of the car. I tried turning these but they do not go up or down.
Are they adjustable as well?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The knob on the side about halfway up the fender did not help the gap adjustment. I noticed you posted a picture of there being 2 knobs above the radiator on the front of the car. I tried turning these but they do not go up or down.
Are they adjustable as well?
No it was my mistake.. On the current gen accords it is the front knobs that adjust and i posted without trying to adjust that one

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it was my mistake.. On the current gen accords it is the front knobs that adjust and i posted without trying to adjust that one
Had to adjust my prev accords hood...

subtlefocus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Oh okay, I suspect I need to loosen my hood hinge bolts and move the hood slightly to the side to close the larger gap for the issue I am having.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cant hurt... If it was a side to side issue id have no problem doing it

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
The front most bumpers just stick into the plastic cooling panel. The bottom of the bumper rests on top of the radiator support. So what I did on my car is remove the cooling panel, and put a spacer under the bumper between the rubber and the core support. I was able to get the most adjustment out of the front edge of the hood this way...I almost have mine lined up against the front plastic upper grille/bumper area now, needs just another small spacer to be perfect..
Sponsored