Am I alone in being okay with the stock exhaust sound?

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I understand many of you consider the stock exhaust to be too quiet and I can see why that is the case, it’s just for me the stock sound is okay. I like the quiet-ish continuous drone of the exhaust of my 2019.

Am I alone in my sonic satisfaction??
Sponsored

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I have been debating on an aftermarket exhaust as well but the stock one looks good, fits perfect and sounds nice. I am still a bit undeceive on the aftermarket exhaust system but most of them are not that appealing to me especially those dual tip exhaust systems that leave a noticeable gap on the exhaust outlet of the CTR bumper.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
yes, u are alone :) A performance car should have a performance sound, IMO. I assume they made the exhaust quiet to ensure they had no emission/sound issues selling the car worldwide.

OP
OP
Mature Banana

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
@HONDA X, The Invidia R400 might be what you’re looking for. Here’s a good YouTube link about the R400, in case you haven’t already come across this exhaust:

@Z06_Pilot, I definitely hear ya. I must be one of a small minority that doesn’t need that accompanying sound!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I don’t mind the sound at all, it has a nice little grumble down low and is quiet during normal driving. I DD mine so I don’t want anything loud.

I do wish there was a little more turbo noise, but I may do an intake at some point to get that.

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
If they made it like the bmw m2 m performance exhaust, push a button to fully open valves, would be so nice if it came stock that way...idk but the gt350, m2 fi exhaust are the sexiest exhaust sounds(not including exotics).

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
yes, u are alone :) A performance car should have a performance sound, IMO. I assume they made the exhaust quiet to ensure they had no emission/sound issues selling the car worldwide.

I kinda see that, as the approach Honda took with Type R. I don’t think the car sounds bad, but Honda from the beginning handled the TV commercial feedback different, to what car actually sounds, on the first TV commercial, the car sounds amazingly close to a 5 old turbo banger from Audi. And yes- we got dead sold with that MUSIC, visually it feels sometimes, we might expect something else, it doesn’t miss anything ( neither can be achieved with aftermarket, because aftermarket), but definitely a signature// official sound from the get go was missing.

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
The best sounding and functioning exhaust I've experienced is in the Porsche Sport Exhaust on the 981 GT4 and 981 Spyder. even when in off mode, the exhaust is reasonably quiet but still sounds good. The stock CTR exhaust sounds good - just a bit on the quiet side. it needs a valve to make it louder without changing the sound quality/tone.

OP
OP
Mature Banana

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I don’t mind the sound at all, it has a nice little grumble down low and is quiet during normal driving. I DD mine so I don’t want anything loud.

I do wish there was a little more turbo noise, but I may do an intake at some point to get that.
That’s pretty much what I think. Agreed it’d be nice to have more up-front noise.

OP
OP
Mature Banana

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I kinda see that, as the approach Honda took with Type R. I don’t think the car sounds bad, but Honda from the beginning handled the TV commercial feedback different, to what car actually sounds, on the first TV commercial, the car sounds amazingly close to a 5 old turbo banger from Audi. And yes- we got dead sold with that MUSIC, visually it feels sometimes, we might expect something else, it doesn’t miss anything ( neither can be achieved with aftermarket, because aftermarket), but definitely a signature// official sound from the get go was missing.

Definitely agree about the sound not jiving with the look. Also agree with @CTRFK8 about the M2 sounding great. It’s funny. Reading what you all are saying is making realize what I should have already figured out; i.e., I’m okay with the stock sound but I’d sure be okay with a more “appropriately tuned” sound!

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
The best sounding and functioning exhaust I've experienced is in the Porsche Sport Exhaust on the 981 GT4 and 981 Spyder. even when in off mode, the exhaust is reasonably quiet but still sounds good. The stock CTR exhaust sounds good - just a bit on the quiet side. it needs a valve to make it louder without changing the sound quality/tone.
I agree, the exhaust now is good but just needs a setting to open up the valve to give it some extra pop without going rice mode.
Sponsored