Am I able to run KTuner without a tune, only disabling rev hang?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing catless DP tomorrow and really considering getting KTuner to remove all the codes and eliminate rev hang. The thing is I want to try to avoid any chances of clutch slippage for right now until I can save up a decent amount for retrofit clutch/labor. I'm pretty young and fresh out of college, have to save a decent portion of income for car payments and also to move out soon (I like having a big safety net).

Never ran a tune so I'm not too knowledgable about this or whether it's possible, but want to see if I can basically run no tune if I want or an extremely conservative tune to where I would avoid any chances of clutch slippage early (or is that inevitable?)
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Installing catless DP tomorrow and really considering getting KTuner to remove all the codes and eliminate rev hang. The thing is I want to try to avoid any chances of clutch slippage for right now until I can save up a decent amount for retrofit clutch/labor. I'm pretty young and fresh out of college, have to save a decent portion of income for car payments and also to move out soon (I like having a big safety net).

Never ran a tune so I'm not too knowledgable about this or whether it's possible, but want to see if I can basically run no tune if I want or an extremely conservative tune to where I would avoid any chances of clutch slippage early (or is that inevitable?)
The first tune they list is as follows from their site:

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I able to run KTuner without a tune, only disabling rev hang? Screenshot_20200529-033626_Chrome

I'm assuming you can work with that one for what you need but I haven't installedy ktuner yet so I could be wrong. So as far as I understand it, you will have to flash it but you can start with that one which won't add any of that additional stress you're talking about.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
From what I noticed with my ktuner installed, the ktuner factory tune is almost not noticeably different from no tune. I have my car set on 2 settings. Factory boost on normal mode and max boost on sport mode. Both settings have rev hang disabled. As far as clutch slippage, the max 24psi boost has the potential to ruin the stock clutch if you wot too much. My car has a little bit of slip during full acceleration. Idk if you have to create a custom tune to accommodate the downpipe gains. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the subject will interject. I think my friend with the sport model had to retune his car after getting a downpipe otherwise he would be running rich or something

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I believe you have to install one of the tunes to disable rev hang. You have to overwrite the current ECU settings. You can install the Factory starting point, which is basically similar to stock with some improvements

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Run the Factory/21psi dual tune... you’ll be fine.

If you are still concerned, set up BBG to limit boost in the higher gears.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about clutch slippage on something like the tune Gotch mentioned. It's very mild.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about clutch slippage on something like the tune Gotch mentioned. It's very mild.
If spending the bucks on a tuner, might as well enjoy it!
Sponsored