Alternative to Weathertech Floor mats and Trunk Liner

cfochs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2008 Honda CRV EX, and 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I noticed that Weathertech still doesn't have the floor mats or trunk liner available for the new civic yet. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a comparable alternative. Thanks!
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The Honda OEM allseason mats were redone for the Civic. I also heard that they are offering second, liner type option, like weathertech, but I have yet to see them

IndyHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord EXL V6 coupe
I want Weathertech and not the ones that Honda offers and I'll wait for them. I received the following email from Weathertech on Dec 10th in regards to 2016 Civic availability. Looks like we have awhile to wait, unfortunately...

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest with WeatherTech.

The Floor Liners for the 2016 Honda Civic are currently in development in our studio. We expect to see this item become available in approximately 8-10 weeks. We will keep your information on file and contact you when the parts are available. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you!

Courteney Tillman

WeatherTech®

MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd.

Sales/ CSR

[email protected]

1.800.441.6287 x: 421

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Even the 'highwall' mats aren't sufficient. They are raised along the sides, but the place where they fall short still is coverage for anywhere under and past the pedals. The dead pedal to rest your foot is in a cross pattern and the second that thing gets dirty it's a mofo to clean. Same with any of the fuzzy stuff between the pedals and the firewall.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even the 'highwall' mats aren't sufficient. They are raised along the sides, but the place where they fall short still is coverage for anywhere under and past the pedals. The dead pedal to rest your foot is in a cross pattern and the second that thing gets dirty it's a mofo to clean. Same with any of the fuzzy stuff between the pedals and the firewall.
The Honda high wall mats are apparently made by WeatherTech for Honda. They are a significant improvement over previous all weather Honda mats. That said I think WeatherTech did hold back a little bit as described by Newflyer3. The Honda mats and trunk tray are pretty good, just fall short with the drivers mat. If they are thrown in at a good cost then I'd bite and I'm a WeatherTech fan boy.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Husky liners will be available in 1-2 weeks.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I like to know how Husky compares to WeatherTech. Picking up my car on Thursday and it's so nice having all weather mats.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I would too...I dunno husky kind of look better to me...
Does anyone have any experience?

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
Very satisfied so far with the Honda All-Season mats. This is not a super-snowy area so they don't have to contain a large volume of melt-water.

Ed Zamboni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T (Picking up FRiday)
I had the dealer throw in the trunk liner. It's very nice and fits tightly. It's a hard plastic rather than rubber.
Sponsored