Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So much better now!
@francomakou @LilToTo17 How noticeable is the improvement to the even-gear "crunch" with this lockdown? Mine definitely got a bit better when I installed base and cable bushings (went from shifting through a bag of loose gravel to more of a rumbling feeling), but I can still tell the difference between the random "crunchy" even shifts, and the occasional "smooth" even shifts. When it's a smooth shift, the shifter slides in gear like greased butter - the feeling is amazing. I want that to happen 100% of the time, and I'm hoping that this lockdown will accomplish that.
i donā€™t have any more gear crunch because of the lockdown

Honda Civic 10th gen ALTA Performance Introduction 79C9F974-1302-416E-87A1-420F867BF994
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Man, I was just thinking how great it was that all of my shifter parts were finally in, and that I'd never have to break down that stupid console ever again.

Oh well, if this really turns every single shift into one of those rare, buttery smooth ones, then I guess I don't have a choice.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, I was just thinking how great it was that all of my shifter parts were finally in, and that I'd never have to break down that stupid console ever again.

Oh well, if this really turns every single shift into one of those rare, buttery smooth ones, then I guess I don't have a choice.
I mean in my opinion it works really well. That's why Acuity for their short shifter adapter they go with the zip tip method where they drill the shifter and use zip ties to secure the shifter cable.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean in my opinion it works really well. That's why Acuity for their short shifter adapter they go with the zip tip method where they drill the shifter and use zip ties to secure the shifter cable.
Makes sense. Oh well, here we go again!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Makes sense. Oh well, here we go again!
Yeah same here lol I forgot to add the blue loctite so going to remove everything again and add those in to secure them.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I feel like I owe this to @ALTA Performance long story short, the o-rings broke off, I reached out to ALTA and they sent me replacement o-rings at no charge. This is for current members, future members and guest lurkers on here, their customer service is top notch in my book.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel like I owe this to @ALTA Performance long story short, the o-rings broke off, I reached out to ALTA and they sent me replacement o-rings at no charge. This is for current members, future members and guest lurkers on here, their customer service is top notch in my book.
Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiosity, did they break during installation, or did you feel something snap while shifting?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiosity, did they break during installation, or did you feel something snap while shifting?
He broke them while trying to put the shifter cable back to the shifter. The rings are not easy to break as I put them all in with no problem and it shifts perfectly.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you describe the improvement that the lockdown made to your shift feel? Probably gonna pull the trigger very soon

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Can you describe the improvement that the lockdown made to your shift feel? Probably gonna pull the trigger very soon
lol I have it installed but havenā€™t driven the car yet, @LilToTo17 has it installed too, maybe he can give some feedback.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theres no more clunk in the shifting that would happen in even gears with a short shifter adapter installed. Also no rattling that could be heard either.
Sponsored