Zacaea

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic fk7
Country flag
Yeah that looks pretty normal now. And I ran a catch can for about 30,000 miles before i decided i couldn’t take that rattling noise anymore and just stuck to using crc intake and turbo cleaner every 10k miles.

I think it is the pcv valve noise being translated to the firewall from the hoses. Like putting a string on two cans kinda thing. It’s my best guess. I’m no expert, however.

I think you just see more gas blow-by in super cold temps.

Just an FYI. Make sure your fuel line hose isn’t rubbing against your catch can. It will act like a cheese grater and wear it down. The can has a rough surface and it gets very hot. I used a zip tie to hold it back.
Yes I zip tied the line back to the straight hose to the catch can together so that it wouldn’t rub, I also angled the straight hose a bit so that it would rub on the fuel line mounting bracket either.
Sponsored

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
I just bought a new mishimoto catch can and installed it yesterday. I probably put a good 50 miles of highway driving with it on yesterday, I went to check it just to see if I caught any oil. In my opinion I think there was too much in there in that 1 day of driving. But i’m not sure.

image.jpg
Looks like metal shavings in the 2nd pic

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Mine with 2k kilo ur quantity look not normal for sure.

I did saw some metal flake in it.
Honda Civic 10th gen alot of oil in catch can. 20221015_133322

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zacaea

Zacaea

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic fk7
Country flag
Mine with 2k kilo ur quantity look not normal for sure.

I did saw some metal flake in it.
20221015_133322.jpg
SO. The reason there was so much in there was because of condensation. It was mostly water, mixed with a very small amount of oil and or gas. I did a water/gas test on a sample I took and it split up as such. It was more water than oil/gas. It’s been just fine, I check it in between oil changes and its barely
1/4 of the can full. As for the metal flakes, they aren’t, its just sediment. If it we’re metal flakes it would stand out, its just the way the light refracted off of it in the picture that made it look like that.

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
SO. The reason there was so much in there was because of condensation. It was mostly water, mixed with a very small amount of oil and or gas. I did a water/gas test on a sample I took and it split up as such. It was more water than oil/gas. It’s been just fine, I check it in between oil changes and its barely
1/4 of the can full. As for the metal flakes, they aren’t, its just sediment. If it we’re metal flakes it would stand out, its just the way the light refracted off of it in the picture that made it look like that.
I recently installed a oil catch can, just in case this happens to me. Should i be concern? Like do i need to do anything to prevent any future problems?
I just want to keep my Car for a very long time.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I recently installed a oil catch can, just in case this happens to me. Should i be concern? Like do i need to do anything to prevent any future problems?
I just want to keep my Car for a very long time.

So you installed a CC incase what happens to you? What are your concerns with not having a catch can installed? Routine servicing should keep your car running for years. If you drive the car hard, then just service at shorter intervals.

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
So you installed a CC incase what happens to you? What are your concerns with not having a catch can installed? Routine servicing should keep your car running for years. If you drive the car hard, then just service at shorter intervals.
Im still new with car modding and i heard or read that oil catch can , it can make a car or engine to last longer.

I just want to keep the car while running good as much as possible because i love it.

and thanks ill keep note of that, probably only routine maintenance make a car live longer and less loss of performance
Sponsored