unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Yeah I don't play markups. I've bought 2 Civics from the same dealership in the past 2 years, one was my Si, the other my CTR, both were at MSRP. He got a Boost Blue CTR in a couple weeks back and sent me the info - dealer wanted a $3k mark up, I said I'd walk in right now and buy it at MSRP. Haven't heard back yet. They're also getting an LE soon, something else I toyed with. Can only imagine the markup there. I'll keep my rear windshield wiper, TYVM.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I know Mahwah Honda has been selling the CTR at MSRP since they came out to my understanding. I wonder if you can order one through them.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Same here!!! #009 is staying stock - and, gasp, she's also my DD! :D
back in 2008, I went into Honda dealer to buy an oil filter for my element but end up with the CR out the door during financial crisis. Honda said they will made 1000 CR but end up 668 (2008) + 31 (2009)due to low demand at the tail end of S2000 production.

UK factory shutdown for 2 months this year due to COVID. It will closed permanently in 2021. Most likely production of anything from that factorywill see a ramp down phase. Wonder if we will hit 600 US Unit.

LE seems to follow the same formula of CR; drivetrain un-touched, update suspension & steering (LE re-tuned electrically), some cosmetic changes (LE paint only), for sale when most peoples’ wallet are tight. ?

My yellow CR is still stock except the brake line & 50k miles. The LE will likely stay untouched & low mileage..??

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
The CTR is meant to be driven. The LE seems to be meant to be stored for future profit. Completely different aims.

I have a neighbour who bought one of the limited edition Bullet Mustangs for significantly over MSRP. He barely knows how to drive a manual transmission and the car rarely moves but he is sure he will make a fortune when he gets around to selling the car but certainly he has little intention of driving it much.

Also if you do have a 2021 LE, and do decide to daily drive it, aren't you going to be worried re scratches, dents and possible accidents? It is a mean world out there and you could have a really hard time trying to convince your insurance company that what you think your collector car is worth is way more than they think it is.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
People own and enjoy their cars differently. DD, weekend driver, C&C guy, driveway wash guy, etc. The CTR LE is a cool car but at the end of the day, its a $45k Civic. These, and most other cars, are not investments. If guys get most or even more $$ than they paid for the car and enjoyed the ownership experience, then good for them.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Buying a car for its potential value is a tough gamble. Take the Bullitt Mustang-the original sold for around $3M last time it sold. Will the 2020 sell for that? Or even 2x MSRP? Probably not-but how much will it be worth?

Hard to say what the LE will be worth next year, 5 years, or even 10 years or more.

I'd still consider it. It's unique enough that even that is worth something.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
DD the LE with the stock tires might prove a problem in cold climates.....

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Buying a car for its potential value is a tough gamble. Take the Bullitt Mustang-the original sold for around $3M last time it sold. Will the 2020 sell for that? Or even 2x MSRP? Probably not-but how much will it be worth?

Hard to say what the LE will be worth next year, 5 years, or even 10 years or more.

I'd still consider it. It's unique enough that even that is worth something.
Buying these cars for potential value is dumb.

People want what they cant have/get... Honda has been doing this with the CRT since 2017 and are now doing with the FK8 generation send-off LE.

DD the LE with the stock tires might prove a problem in cold climates.....
DD the CTR with stock tires in cold climates might be a problem. Snow here today - Blizzaks made for an easy drive to work...

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
$51k? You guys are lucky - the 1.5t hatch here costs over $41k. I don't think I'd mind getting the normal Type R instead for $51k if only they sell it here :p
I can only hope that by the time my current hatch is 5-6 years old, they would be selling Type R here.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Well shame on me, I thought the LE globally had the infotainment and AC removed... That's, odd. I'm curious what the weight difference is then between North American CTR, LE CTR and Eastern LE CTR.
The US LE has to come with the radio, because backup cameras are required, here in the US on every car sold, now.
Sponsored