Almost bought a type R LE... Almost

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Lots of assumptions in this thread so far. The LE would be fine to daily. It also has infotainment and a/c (here in the US).

And for those who say it doesn’t drive differently than a standard CTR, I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve owned both a 2018 and 2019 CW, before my current LE, and I can promise that this thing would absolutely smoke my previous R if I ventured up the road to VIR. It wouldn’t be close.

Could one modify the standard CTR to exceed the LE’s capabilities? Of course. But to many of us that now own an LE, that’s not what we were after.

My two cents, for what little they’re worth.
Well shame on me, I thought the LE globally had the infotainment and AC removed... That's, odd. I'm curious what the weight difference is then between North American CTR, LE CTR and Eastern LE CTR.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Well shame on me, I thought the LE globally had the infotainment and AC removed... That's, odd. I'm curious what the weight difference is then between North American CTR, LE CTR and Eastern LE CTR.
European and JDM spec LE have the infotainment removed. Not sure about AC though.

F1nest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord, 91 Acura NSX, 13 Nissan GT-R, 20 Toyota Supra
Country flag
So I found a LE here in NJ where the dealer was asking $51xxx for it. The dealer even send me a picture of the additional accessories that was added. So they were charging $599 for the window visor. $699 for the exterior and interior protection. $499 for the window etching and $4899 for the carbon fiber package. I spoke with the dealer and they told me there was no ADM. They even send me pictures of said car. So I was pretty sure that it came with carbon fiber package included in the MSRP or am I wrong. For example, the hood scoop, the center portion of the spoiler and the roof. So where are the additional CF parts that was not available from the factory that the dealer spoke of? Well, in any case I was going to check it out after work when the dealer called and said vehicle is sold. Oh well.
wow I would’ve pulled the trigger at that price especially being local in NJ. What that Burns Honda by any chance?

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
wow I would’ve pulled the trigger at that price especially being local in NJ. What that Burns Honda by any chance?
It was actually Clinton Honda.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
CF OE hood scoop and that center wing portion is an additional accessories (well in Canada they are).

$599 for visors installed? Damn that's crazy. Just buy the visors at the parts department and install them yourself. It's an easy 10 min job.
I received an offer from Honda for purchasing these parts. Who knew?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I received an offer from Honda for purchasing these parts. Who knew?
Easy to get haggled.

When it comes to accessories there's a fine line on what a customer can do/install on their own vs the dealer. Most people (if they are smart about it) would ask to either supply accessories or just buy them off the counter. The only actual installation required are anything to do with the body (aero kit, body side molding etc) or electrical (remote start, wireless charger, etc) if you're not mechanically inclined

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Easy to get haggled.

When it comes to accessories there's a fine line on what a customer can do/install on their own vs the dealer. Most people (if they are smart about it) would ask to either supply accessories or just buy them off the counter. The only actual installation required are anything to do with the body (aero kit, body side molding etc) or electrical (remote start, wireless charger, etc) if you're not mechanically inclined
I’m not sure an offer to sell accessories has anything to do with installation.

All I’m saying is that Honda sent advertising offering the carbon scoop and wing insert. Those were not previously available as far as I know.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I'm in the very small minority but don't actually think the phoenix yellow looks good on this gen CTR ? I know it's special because of heritage but 4 door cars in yellow always scream taxi cab to me lol especially with how large the civic has gotten. Looked killer on the ITR though. Even at MSRP, can most CTR owners justify $5K more considering no bump in power or really significant changes? Minor weight reduction, some suspension/steering tuning, and different wheels don't make up for the value lost exceeding that $38K price point imo.

But I'm sure the exclusive factor MORE than makes up for that, especially down the road. It's a good buy for the right owner for sure, just not for me.....kind of like how others don't wanna drive around in a smurf blue civic with a big wing on it ?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Lots of assumptions in this thread so far. The LE would be fine to daily. It also has infotainment and a/c (here in the US).

And for those who say it doesn’t drive differently than a standard CTR, I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve owned both a 2018 and 2019 CW, before my current LE, and I can promise that this thing would absolutely smoke my previous R if I ventured up the road to VIR. It wouldn’t be close.

Could one modify the standard CTR to exceed the LE’s capabilities? Of course. But to many of us that now own an LE, that’s not what we were after.

My two cents, for what little they’re worth.
Congrats on the new car.

Didn’t your 2019 have <1k miles on it when you sold it? How many miles does your or LE have?

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
It's the age old argument of if I had $x I could modify it to be faster, better looking, etc.

I'm buying one because it is a genuine factory limited edition and the price difference is acceptable compared to a regular Type R.

Also the last thing I want to do it throw on carbon fibre or anything similar including window tinting (aside from car mats). I want it to keep it as close to original as the day it rolled off the production line.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
I'm buying one because it is a genuine factory limited edition and the price difference is acceptable compared to a regular Type R.

Also the last thing I want to do it throw on carbon fibre or anything similar including window tinting (aside from car mats). I want it to keep it as close to original as the day it rolled off the production line.
I am doing the same with my #37. Keep it stock except plastic floor mat, OEM rear seat cover & trunk tray.

Honda Civic 10th gen Almost bought a type R LE... Almost IMG_0231.JPG

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
So I called a few places and dealers are asking way too much. Honda of Nanuet wants $25k over MSRP. Princeton Honda wants $20k over. Dch academy wants $25k.

These LE is like gold to them dealership.
Sponsored