All warning lights suddenly went on while driving

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Same thing happened to mine. Went away on its own.
Sponsored

Aychatman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what was the verdict?
Well long story short, my boy installed my springs, cross threaded the bolt on the LF knuckle with his impact wrench. Bought a new knuckle and bearing. Installed knuckle after I pressing it in at work. Allegedly I pressed it in backwards. There's a ring on the bearing which the speed sensor reads. Fault city. $500 later, new bearing, she is all clear now.

Aychatman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well long story short, my boy installed my springs, cross threaded the bolt on the LF knuckle with his impact wrench. Bought a new knuckle and bearing. Installed knuckle after I pressing it in at work. Allegedly I pressed it in backwards. There's a ring on the bearing which the speed sensor reads. Fault city. $500 later, new bearing, she is all clear now.
Honda Civic 10th gen All warning lights suddenly went on while driving 20200811_155810

Aychatman

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what was the verdict?
Bearing on knuckle which had to be replaced due to cross threaded bolt (long story). Speed sensor couldn't read ring located on bearing......$500 later All Clear.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
At the dealership now and when I crabbed about the warning lights he asked if I tuned. I said yes, as I assume they can find out either way. He's come back saying it's probably caused by a fuel trim issue caused by tuning. We'll see if that ends up costing me but I'm guessing nothing will be done about it during this visit... I have my doubts as I'm pretty sure others have seen this issue and never tuned...

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At the dealership now and when I crabbed about the warning lights he asked if I tuned. I said yes, as I assume they can find out either way. He's come back saying it's probably caused by a fuel trim issue caused by tuning. We'll see if that ends up costing me but I'm guessing nothing will be done about it during this visit... I have my doubts as I'm pretty sure others have seen this issue and never tuned...
Nothing to do with tuning. This issue seems to me to be similar to the one where the brightness of the HU randomly changes. It has to do with something messing either the Honda sensing up (like too much direct sunlight) or the VSA module in the car. It comes and goes. The ECU is not involved in this.
Sponsored