Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Long story short, I’m hopefully moving across the country at any time and will not be able to keep my Type R there. In the meantime, I’m trying to spend the least to get some all-season rubber on it. That means stock rims with a 255 or 35+ tire. I couldn’t care less about performance. I just don’t want it to rub.

Anyone beat this to death and have suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JoJo21

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Long story short, I’m hopefully moving across the country at any time and will not be able to keep my Type R there. In the meantime, I’m trying to spend the least to get some all-season rubber on it. That means stock rims with a 255 or 35+ tire. I couldn’t care less about performance. I just don’t want it to rub.

I went back and forth for months considering changing to 18s or 19s but I just didn't want to mess with the wheel offset. I recently put the 245/35/20 Michelin PS3 A/S tires on the stock wheels. Zero rubbing and handles great. The speedometer is slightly off but hardly noticable. It was around $1100 out the door with the additional tire warranty from discount tire. I saved the stock tires and may swap them in the summer depending how the all seasons perform.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
If you want to stay closer to stock/speedo
Toyo proxes 4 plus offer a 255/30/20 all season.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag

I put Continental DWS all seasons 245-35-20’s on my OEM wheels. They are great and I wished I would have done it sooner. About $850 otd at Discount Tire.
Going from 30 to 35 profile gave me an extra half inch of tire in height. Much more forgiving on bumps and pot holes. Plus I don’t have to check the weather every time I want to drive my car. I tracked my car with these tires, and they preformed great.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too went with the DWS 06, but 255/35/20
very happy with them.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm using Goodyear Eagle Sports 245/35 tires on the factory wheels for winter. Drives great...obviously not as sticky as factory tires we get...but it's really not bad imo

enforcecm

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Running the BF Goodrich all seasons 255/35/20 tires. When the wheel is turned all the way to the right there is about 2 fingers worth of clearance between the wheel liner and the tires at the top of the tire. That's worst case scenario..lol.. I don't think ill ever have to turn the steering wheel all the way tot he max and hit a bump at the same time, so i think I'm fine.

I like it cause i can easily ride the shitty roads that I live near with and have no issues with imperfections in the road (cracks etc..). Still wouldn't run over a pothole in this car lol.

The grip is still great, but its definately not the same as extreme summer performance tires, but its too cold for that anyway.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Falken Azenzis 245/35 all seasons for 500$ on Black Friday last year. Great buy

Honda Civic 10th gen All-seasons that fit 20” OEM rim 9239BF38-5AB8-4B87-8CD9-80BAF584AC7E

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I put Continental DWS all seasons 245-35-20’s on my OEM wheels. They are great and I wished I would have done it sooner. About $850 otd at Discount Tire.
Going from 30 to 35 profile gave me an extra half inch of tire in height. Much more forgiving on bumps and pot holes. Plus I don’t have to check the weather every time I want to drive my car. I tracked my car with these tires, and they preformed great.
I just ordered these and got a call from Tire Rack. They believe the tires are going to rub. Seeing you have these already, I just wanted confirm if you had experienced any rubbing.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
I just ordered these and got a call from Tire Rack. They believe the tires are going to rub. Seeing you have these already, I just wanted confirm if you had experienced any rubbing.
I have about 8000 miles on these tires. No rubbing at all. Much more forgiving on bumps and potholes. I even tracked them, no problems at all. All season too!

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
recently put the 245/35/20 Michelin PS3 A/S tires on the stock wheels.
I put Continental DWS all seasons 245-35-20’s on my OEM wheels.
I'm using Goodyear Eagle Sports 245/35 tires on the factory wheels for winter.
Running the BF Goodrich all seasons 255/35/20 tires.
Falken Azenzis 245/35 all seasons for 500$ on Black Friday last year. Great buy
Can each of you folks comment on noise level? Really looking for an AS tire on the quiet side.
Thanks in advance folks!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can each of you folks comment on noise level? Really looking for an AS tire on the quiet side.
Thanks in advance folks!
definitely quiet for mine. I haven't even thought of road noise with my tires...they grip well for me also. I'll definitely buy them again when it's time.

also, I can tell you that the DWS are horrible imo...they feel like they flex way too much...which feels dangerous in a car like this. DWS grips well in straight line and not bad in cornering...but the flex/give on that tire was way too much

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have about 8000 miles on these tires. No rubbing at all. Much more forgiving on bumps and potholes. I even tracked them, no problems at all. All season too!
that's wild lol, tracked with those tires eh...didn't they feel unstable when you brake hard at high speeds? mine felt squishy...felt like the car was going to have the rear end swing around on me. went with goodyear instead.
Sponsored