First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
While Driving:

ALL safety systems turn off. ABS, ACC, Road Departure Mitigation, Auto Braking, etc. The car still works, meaning I can steer it, and use the brake and gas pedals. That’s about all I can do. It stays this way until I come to a complete stop. (See video). After I’ve been stopped for a couple of seconds, the system resets itself, and everything works.

This has happened to me twice now. I’ve got a ‘17 Civic Hatch Touring Sport. About 11K miles. The last time this happened, I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t find anything.

Yesterday when I happened, I took some video. (Link below). Took my car in, showed them the videos. After a while, they give me keys to a loaner and tell me they have never seen or heard anything like this, and they’ll let me know when I can come pick up my car.

I’m hoping someone else has experienced this, and might provide some info that would be useful to the dealer in fixing my car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssv14efrnk1ri1d/IMG_1042.MOV?dl=0
Sponsored

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only time I had that happen was in a snowstorm, when the upper windshield camera and the bumper sensors were thickly iced over...

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Had this happen 3 times in 30k of driving. I noticed it happened less frequently once I didn't leave the 'main' button activated when I wasn't using Lkas or acc.

Here is what it looks like for me:

For whatever reason Lkas keeps working when the warning lights flash that l other Honda sensing features seems to have stopped working

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Happened to me again today however it all goes away after the car idles for under a minute. However I noticed with Honda link it gives you an option to report this issue and bring it to a dealership. Here are some pics

Honda Civic 10th gen All Safety Systems turn off while driving, then reset when stopped 20180405_184447

Honda Civic 10th gen All Safety Systems turn off while driving, then reset when stopped 20180405_184256

Honda Civic 10th gen All Safety Systems turn off while driving, then reset when stopped 20180405_184305

Honda Civic 10th gen All Safety Systems turn off while driving, then reset when stopped 20180405_184311

Honda Civic 10th gen All Safety Systems turn off while driving, then reset when stopped 20180405_184318

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
This has happened to me once when hwy lanes where shifted around due to construction work, lanes where shifted via large orange traffic barrels. I had to take a sharp exit off the hwy. The car's radar must got spooked by a sudden cone appearing front of the radar sensor. It disabled all safety features just like you mentioned. Even cruise control would not work. Once I pulled over, shut the car off and restarted everything worked fine. This was about 6 or so months ago. It seems this is a common occurrence.

Ihatch_back

First Name
Teody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
This has happened to me once when hwy lanes where shifted around due to construction work, lanes where shifted via large orange traffic barrels. I had to take a sharp exit off the hwy. The car's radar must got spooked by a sudden cone appearing front of the radar sensor. It disabled all safety features just like you mentioned. Even cruise control would not work. Once I pulled over, shut the car off and restarted everything worked fine. This was about 6 or so months ago. It seems this is a common occurrence.
This thing happens to my sport touring hatchback too twice now two consecutive days. Brought it to dealer they say i have to turn off sensor when theres a heavy rain or bad weather. The second time it happens theres no rain, the weather is perfect. Somebody here found any fix for this issue? I will bring my car to the dealer again and see what they say again.

OP
OP

lopperman

Honda Convert
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Please let us know what the dealer said.
The dealer gave up. They told me I could keep the loaner essentially forever - if I wanted - while they drove my car every day trying to re-produce the problem. I had a crappy CR-V, and I wanted my hotness back, so I told them no thanks. If the problem happens with increased frequency, they said to bring it back. Kind of disappointed.

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is definatelly an issue.
The radar system works fine when it determines objects from far and as it gets closer. But it freaks out when an object just appears close front of it, like say... a large bird just droppes from the sky or a traffic barrel just jumps in front of the car, then it seems it does not know what to do and the system goes belly up. The dealer's service dept. will never be able to duplicate this problem by just driving around in normal traffic.
Honda will need to come up with a service bulletin for this.
Sponsored