amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have a Costco membership but I’ve been there twice since the pandemic started. It is always way too busy it’s freaking zoo ?
Costco and I have a love/hate relationship. Kind of like you know you should leave her but you keep coming back for more...
Sponsored

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I

Costco is about .60 cents per gallon cheaper than all the other brands. Plus I get 2 percent back from Costco and 4 percent back from my Costco Visa card. Lines are very long due to it being the cheapest gas
It’s $1.77 a litre here. So rough math say it’s about 6.70 cad a gallon. And we sell gas to you Americans ??

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s $1.77 a litre here. So rough math say it’s about 6.70 cad a gallon. And we sell gas to you Americans ??
Unleaded is $4.09 at the Costco near me. I passed by the Chevron near my house and it was $4.76. For Gas, Costco is my only choice unless I'm desperately running on fumes or traveling and there is no Costco anywhere near me

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For the very reason that these engines are going away, I'm holding on to my 2010 IS350. But that said, I stand by my statement that EV's are better. Not because they are faster in a straight line or have instant torque, but because they are more practical in the long run. They use energy more efficiently, more than 85 percent efficient. Less maintenance, and are cheaper to use in the long run. And you are wrong about them not being fun. There's a reason people who own Tesla's say they will never go back. Try driving a Mach-E, Pole Star, Model 3 etc. They are fun to drive, and not only fun, but most importantly pleasurable. The instant torque is only the icing.

We have to stop looking at EV's from a political lense. The market will determine their success or failure, just as the market determined that ugly ass CUV's exist. People want them and buy them over Sedans and Coupes and that's why they exist :dunno:
You mistake me for someone who loves big noise and polluting the air. All I desire is an engaging driving experience. Remember you are currently in a Civic Si subforum, where all of us made the conscious decision to buy an "outdated" mode of changing gears because we desire that control and connection to a car that automatics/EVs/and I would argue DCTs do not provide. Perhaps if we were talking on a R35 GTR or C8 Corvette forum your idea of "fun" would be more convincing. However, I don't find putting-foot-down + go-forward = fun. Regardless of whether my car is run via electricity or gasoline, I want to be engaged choosing the gears I am in and interacting with the drive with more than just my right foot.
Your argument that EVs are "more fun" is the same argument used by heavy, automatic, 500+ hp car owners who believe they are having the most fun driving. However, I promise you I am having more fun in my 200hp manual Civic than I would in a 600hp Mercedes, Audi, or Tesla. But I know my own personality does not extend to everyone. All I'm asking is that you also don't assume your own personal tastes are universal.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You mistake me for someone who loves big noise and polluting the air. All I desire is an engaging driving experience. Remember you are currently in a Civic Si subforum, where all of us made the conscious decision to buy an "outdated" mode of changing gears because we desire that control and connection to a car that automatics/EVs/and I would argue DCTs do not provide. Perhaps if we were talking on a R35 GTR or C8 Corvette forum your idea of "fun" would be more convincing. However, I don't find putting-foot-down + go-forward = fun. Regardless of whether my car is run via electricity or gasoline, I want to be engaged choosing the gears I am in and interacting with the drive with more than just my right foot.
Your argument that EVs are "more fun" is the same argument used by heavy, automatic, 500+ hp car owners who believe they are having the most fun driving. However, I promise you I am having more fun in my 200hp manual Civic than I would in a 600hp Mercedes, Audi, or Tesla. But I know my own personality does not extend to everyone. All I'm asking is that you also don't assume your own personal tastes are universal.
I would never assume anything about anyone I don't know personally. I was only making a general statement that manuals are not as popular as they once were and only a small subset of drivers buy them. If you take all 10th gen Si, CTR and Accord owners that drive manuals, it's a very small percentage of the population. That said, I'm glad you enjoy what you drive and are having fun. But anyway you slice it, EV's are the future, good or bad. My vote is it's good

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know a lot of you have shown some negativity towards the 11th Gen Si, but if you do decide to buy one, PRL already has a DP for you

Honda Civic 10th gen All-new 2022 Civic Si Revealed ? 1634750001010

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The new Si is nice if you hated the 10th's interior. That said, the new 11th is a disappointment. I can't get over the weird beak-like nose. It's just so off-putting to my eye, and hence, the reason I'd never get one...even if it offered say 20-30 more HP, which in this case....they actually offer less! I think Honda is just allocating resources now all toward EVs and Hybrids. The Si and R will probably be the last manual Hondas ever made. Sad, sad, sad. So glad I have my coupe!

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
I absolutely love driving my 2020 Si. It's too damn fun, especially in Houston. Gas is cheap, and I love burning the shit out of it.

As for the 3% of the buyers in the US having manual. 80% of Europe and the rest of the world, majority are all manuals.

Sedans, SUVs, generic colors & design...?
I love the trucks out here though! Dang you Texas... Ya got me.

I'm gonna keep my Gundam looking, glorified go-kart for a long time ??

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I know a lot of you have shown some negativity towards the 11th Gen Si, but if you do decide to buy one, PRL already has a DP for you

1634750001010.png
They are working on getting it EPA approved and hopefully CARB approved as well since they now partnered with GESi for cleaner emissions. This basically doesn't even need a tune or anything to work. Just install and go.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
And of course everyone is saying how much they hate it, bad design, less powerful, this that and the other....

Just like a ton of people wrote on the sticky thread when the 10th gen was released. Funny how history repeats itself. Gee, I wonder what 11thgen owners will say about the 12thgen in five years?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
And of course everyone is saying how much they hate it, bad design, less powerful, this that and the other....

Just like a ton of people wrote on the sticky thread when the 10th gen was released. Funny how history repeats itself. Gee, I wonder what 11thgen owners will say about the 12thgen in five years?
At least for the 10th gen Si, Honda didn't decrease power and increase weight relative to the 9th gen. There is a difference between moving forward in ways people may dislike, and actually moving backwards :crazy:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
At least for the 10th gen Si, Honda didn't decrease power and increase weight relative to the 9th gen. There is a difference between moving forward in ways people may dislike, and actually moving backwards :crazy:
I doubt anyone would even notice the power decrease the way the car is tuned. Remember, the Si is a sports tuned economy car they are trying to keep affordable. If someone wants more power, they can either go the tuning route or spend more money on a more powerful vehicle.

All car manufactures are going this direction. Toyota's new V8 trucks are now 3.5L TT V6's or V6 Hybrids. My beloved Sienna has been reduced from a 3.5L V6 with 296 hp/263 ft lbs torque to a 2.5L Inline 4 Hybrid with 245 hp 170 ft lbs torque that sounds like shit when you have to put your foot down. Lexus just produced probably their last NA V8's with the IS500, LC500 and RC-F, and the IS350 is probably going to lose the 3.5L V6 for a 2.0L TT and Hybrid. No new V8's for any new Mercedes.

If people don't like the looks that's one thing. IMO they improved what counts...drive train, flywheel, and suspension. And those ugly fake vents are gone. Power can be addressed through tuning or moving on to a more powerful platform, and of course paying more money

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I doubt anyone would even notice the power decrease the way the car is tuned. Remember, the Si is a sports tuned economy car they are trying to keep affordable. If someone wants more power, they can either go the tuning route or spend more money on a more powerful vehicle.

All car manufactures are going this direction. Toyota's new V8 trucks are now 3.5L TT V6's or V6 Hybrids. My beloved Sienna has been reduced from a 3.5L V6 with 296 hp/263 ft lbs torque to a 2.5L Inline 4 Hybrid with 245 hp 170 ft lbs torque that sounds like shit when you have to put your foot down. Lexus just produced probably their last NA V8's with the IS500, LC500 and RC-F, and the IS350 is probably going to lose the 3.5L V6 for a 2.0L TT and Hybrid. No new V8's for any new Mercedes.

If people don't like the looks that's one thing. IMO they improved what counts...drive train, flywheel, and suspension. And those ugly fake vents are gone. Power can be addressed through tuning or moving on to a more powerful platform, and of course paying more money
If more power can easily be achieved through a simple tune, why didn't Honda simply "tune" 10 more horsepower in the 11th gen? Surely that would not have drastically increased emissions or price. The optics of releasing a new car with a very similar power-plant as before but with a lower HP number is not good, and I suspect it has to do the Integra more than anything. I'll reserve my judgement for the driving dynamics for when instrumented tests are released, but on paper the 11th gen is not a clear "upgrade", which is what I assumed all automakers strived for when updating their vehicles.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If more power can easily be achieved through a simple tune, why didn't Honda simply "tune" 10 more horsepower in the 11th gen? Surely that would not have drastically increased emissions or price. The optics of releasing a new car with a very similar power-plant as before but with a lower HP number is not good, and I suspect it has to do the Integra more than anything. I'll reserve my judgement for the driving dynamics for when instrumented tests are released, but on paper the 11th gen is not a clear "upgrade", which is what I assumed all automakers strived for when updating their vehicles.
Keeping costs down and reliability are probably the main factors. Possibly trying to find a middle ground refining the driving experience. I'm pretty sure they thought it out before going this route. I'm willing to bet that 10th gen stock and 11th gen stock from light to light they are going to be pretty even
Sponsored