All-new 2022 Civic Si Revealed ?

dradz4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue SI
Country flag
Is Honda making their 11th gen manual-only cars so "meh" that nobody buys them, so they can kill it off for 12th gen hybrids? Sure seems like it to me. I was excited about the 11th gen type R but after seeing this, I imagine that will be a massive disappointment as well. Big Honda L today.
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is Honda making their 11th gen manual-only cars so "meh" that nobody buys them, so they can kill it off for 12th gen hybrids? Sure seems like it to me. I was excited about the 11th gen type R but after seeing this, I imagine that will be a massive disappointment as well. Big Honda L today.
The Type R will be fine, just not any improvement on the 10th Gen. and the price.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Anybody notice that the Si isnt getting the full digital gauge cluster?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Anybody notice that the Si isnt getting the full digital gauge cluster?
Yeah I did noticed. It's a similar setup to the current Accord's. Right half is all analog speedometer while left half is digital. Not liking it.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
In case anyone wondering where the 5hp went. I think I see it

D9F13894-A618-401F-90B7-CED0F70A9354.jpeg
I actually think the exhaust looks cool, and seems like it will have better sound and flow. Reminds me of LHT’s twin loop exhaust they fabricate for their S2000 builds.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
The 11th gen Si got it's tubes tied. No hopes for a 12th gen ?
Honda always does their even numbers justice. But how did the civic
I actually think the exhaust looks cool, and seems like it will have better sound and flow. Reminds me of LHT’s twin loop exhaust they fabricate for their S2000 builds.
It looks like honda decided to shrink the mufflers unlike our 10th gens having some pickup truck sized double mufflers

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Let me know when an EV can go 400 miles without stopping and is as light as a Miata. Until then, I'll stick to toss-able vehicles that let me row my own gears while not feeling like a boat on wheels.
It will happen sooner than you think. Companies are already working on getting charging times down to 10 minutes. There will of course always be adjustments to new technology, like when I thought my Blackberry was the greatest phone for enterprise and finally had to relent and move on. As far as "rowing your own gears", that horse has been dead a long time. Maybe 2 percent of buyers opt for that option. That will be gone long before ice is.

Remember that cookie the Oracle gave to Neo in the Matrix and told him everything will be right as rain? Drive an EV, experience it's potential for a day, and everything will be right as rain!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It will happen sooner than you think. Companies are already working on getting charging times down to 10 minutes. There will of course always be adjustments to new technology, like when I thought my Blackberry was the greatest phone for enterprise and finally had to relent and move on. As far as "rowing your own gears", that horse has been dead a long time. Maybe 2 percent of buyers opt for that option. That will be gone long before ice is.

Remember that cookie the Oracle gave to Neo in the Matrix and told him everything will be right as rain? Drive an EV, experience it's potential for a day, and everything will be right as rain!
Yes, and soon people will claim the "superior" driving experience will be simply not driving at all as we are all shuttled around by AI in our electric crossovers :drool:
M3/M4 are still manuals, Porsche continues to report high manual sales, Honda is still selling the Si as only a manual, Acura is going from an entry-level compact (ILX) with no manual option to one (Integra) with a manual option. People like me and others on this forum are keeping the manual alive and companies still see fit to offer it for the foreseeable future. While small in number, I disagree that we are "dead". If speed in a straight line is all you care about, sure get an EV, but there is so much more to enjoyable driving than just instant torque.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Not 100% but the environmental impact of building evs is just as bad if not worse than ice cars. Then you have the problem of batteries when they are used up. I’d rather have a “slow” car that I can drive fast than a fast ev car that I drive slow. The straight line pulls in an ev get tired really quick.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, and soon people will claim the "superior" driving experience will be simply not driving at all as we are all shuttled around by AI in our electric crossovers :drool:
M3/M4 are still manuals, Porsche continues to report high manual sales, Honda is still selling the Si as only a manual, Acura is going from an entry-level compact (ILX) with no manual option to one (Integra) with a manual option. People like me and others on this forum are keeping the manual alive and companies still see fit to offer it for the foreseeable future. While small in number, I disagree that we are "dead". If speed in a straight line is all you care about, sure get an EV, but there is so much more to enjoyable driving than just instant torque.
I'm glad you are one of those keeping the manual experience alive, but the reality is that since 2018, less than 4 percent of buyers opted for a manual, and that number is going down rapidly. I know a lot of M3/M5 owners, and most opted for the automatic. In my area you would be hard pressed to find a manual version of any car, pick your dealership. I made friends with the Hyundai sales guy who I leased my wife's Ioniq from, and I've been wanting to test drive a Veloster N with the 6 speed (just to try it out), and the very few Velosters that come through, he told me he hasn't seen a 6 speed yet, only DCT.

Not only is the manual going away, but so are the NA V6 and V8 engines. Lexus decided to throw a last hurrah to enthusiasts by coming out with the IS500, but the reality is this is probably their last V8 ICE. Already the LS500, and their new trucks now either have a 3.5L TT V6 or Hybrid V6. The 2021 Sienna has been reduced to a 245 HP 2.5L hybrid, and I could go on and on.

For the very reason that these engines are going away, I'm holding on to my 2010 IS350. But that said, I stand by my statement that EV's are better. Not because they are faster in a straight line or have instant torque, but because they are more practical in the long run. They use energy more efficiently, more than 85 percent efficient. Less maintenance, and are cheaper to use in the long run. And you are wrong about them not being fun. There's a reason people who own Tesla's say they will never go back. Try driving a Mach-E, Pole Star, Model 3 etc. They are fun to drive, and not only fun, but most importantly pleasurable. The instant torque is only the icing.

We have to stop looking at EV's from a political lense. The market will determine their success or failure, just as the market determined that ugly ass CUV's exist. People want them and buy them over Sedans and Coupes and that's why they exist :dunno:

Reactions: mjh

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not 100% but the environmental impact of building evs is just as bad if not worse than ice cars. Then you have the problem of batteries when they are used up. I’d rather have a “slow” car that I can drive fast than a great car that I drive slow. The straight line pulls in an ev get tired really quick.
I'm not looking at EV's from an environmental view, if I did look at cars that way then we shouldn't have cars in the first place. I look at them from a practical standpoint, they are cheaper to run, use their energy more efficiently, and you can make tons of power from them without giving up much. I don't drive a car for it's straight line pulls or I would just by a Demon, Mustang or Camaro. My wife's 2020 Hyundai Ioniq only has 138 HP, yet I love driving it because it's so smooth, and at 80 mph it drives better than cars most 4 cylinder cars with 180 to 200 hp

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not looking at EV's from an environmental view, if I did look at cars that way then we shouldn't have cars in the first place. I look at them from a practical standpoint, they are cheaper to run, use their energy more efficiently, and you can make tons of power from them without giving up much. I don't drive a car for it's straight line pulls or I would just by a Demon, Mustang or Camaro. My wife's 2020 Hyundai Ioniq only has 138 HP, yet I love driving it because it's so smooth, and at 80 mph it drives better than cars most 4 cylinder cars with 180 to 200 hp
But do they use energy more efficiently? I mean the electricity grids are powered by natural gas plants, coal, nuclear. I know I’m being pedantic but I’m in the camp evs aren’t as fun, besides I’ve gapped plenty of charger, Camaro, mustangs in my 4 cylinder ? and it’s always fun seeing their faces #hondapowerbitches ???

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have to stop looking at EV's from a political lense
EV is definitely where the industry and world governments are pushing things, however, they are not without their issues.

Current battery tech is awful if not worse for the environment. Also, lithium based batteries have pretty much reached the pinnacle of what they are capable of. Although they release a great deal of energy, they are unstable. A new non lithium solution needs to be developed

The lack of nationwide charging infrastructure makes travel for the private citizen inconvenient. Trucking can handoff, people aren't as keen on waiting 20 minutes every 3-400 miles. Faster charging will be more ideal, but again, lithium based batteries...

I do think that once the industry gets fully on board with it, EV will progress at a much faster clip. We just aren't there yet
Sponsored