tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Funny they put it next to a 3rd gen Civic. My CRX 87 Si with bolt-on's ran mid 15's, about the same as the new car will run. 35 years later....
Sponsored

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
So the base civic is slower, the si has less power. With this trend the type r may be slower as well.

I guess this 11th gen will be the interim place holders for the hybrid or electric 12th gen. Maybe honda just choosing to do a “subaru” instead of making real advancement and in doing so saving the r&d for electric/hybrid. just food for thought.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wonder how much the new flywheel/clutch shares with the type R... for something as low volume as the Si, seems unlikely they would develop something completely new, right? They didn't develop an Si-specific clutch for the 10th gen, at least. Maybe we can hope that this will hold a bit more than the 10th gen clutch, i.e. an OE Honda clutch upgrade path for the 10th gen owners?

Also sounds like they are reusing the same brake setup, 12.3 in front and 11.1 in the rear. Hopefully that means more track brake pad availability in the future

I, for one, look forward to the knowledge/parts sharing we will have with our 11th gen brothers

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
"Boring looks" isn't a phrase that should be associated with an Si. Let's face it. The coupe was the sexier of the two 10th gens but the sedan had plenty of swoopiness to it too. This sort of upright, boxier 11th gen sedan styling is a step back if you ask me.

Yes, it is more refined with a better feature set and likely better handling. Power delivery may be better. But I'm sorry, those stock peak power numbers suck compared to a competitor like a GLI.

A car purchase, especially one that's marketed as Sport Injected should stir your emotions...

Is disappointment an emotion?

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Glad to see they are carrying on the tradition of a manual only in the Si. Sitting in an 11th Gen sedan on a dealer lot this weekend, I have to say I do like the updated interior and updated infotainment system. I even like the rear end after seeing it in person. The front end, specifically the grill, is horrible. All of the black matte plastic just makes it look cheap, like a base model! My 10th Gen Si and even my daughter's EX hatch has much more character.

Perhaps the look will evolve over model years.

No regrets on purchasing my 10th Gen a year ago.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
A lot of the changes are welcome of course- better shifter, handling, brakes, better power band etc.. But at the end of the day this really needed to be at least 230hp. Every single car the Si competes with has I think at least 250+ hp now(Mazda 3 turbo, GTI, WRX, Elantra/Veloster N). This is heavier than the 10th gen Si and produces less power so it is not going to feel especially quick or fresh. Honda really should have raised the power even if that meant bumping the price some 4 grand. Si is supposed to be really differentiated from the regular Civic and this ain't it- I don't think this Si even has a better turbo than the 1.5T of the non Si 11th gen.

The new Integra Type S is likely going to be what people wanted the 11th gen Si to be.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
"Boring looks" isn't a phrase that should be associated with an Si. Let's face it. The coupe was the sexier of the two 10th gens but the sedan had plenty of swoopiness to it too. This sort of upright, boxier 11th gen sedan styling is a step back if you ask me.
boring looks has always been a thing with Si's. Go look back at the Si's from the past. The EM1, FG4, even the 9th gen was all "boring" in a way as its just a base civic with different suspension/brakes, wheels, and spoiler along with some interior bits. Thats exactly what the 11th gen si is.

now, the Si has always came with a different/bigger engine until the 10th gen so thats been a disappoint ever since the 10th gen si came out.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I actually like the way it looks, especially the dash. Sucks about the loss of 5 hp, but it's definitely going to deliver the power in a more linear fashion, which would appeal to someone coming from an NA ICE. For me, it's V6, V8 or EV. Nothing else. Waiting for my F-150 Lightning to come out next year! Well, actually it's for my wife... :(

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I'm more interested in the new fly wheel set up. I wonder if this will be able to hold more power and torque compared to the 10th gen. If that's the case, I wonder how simple a conversion would be or if it's a straight swap between the two generations.

This would mean theres another clutch kit alternative and possibly a cheaper solution to those running tuned power and don't have to drop stupid money on a Type-R retrofit kit

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am so sick of Honda not differentiating the Si enough from the sport...It literally looks exactly like the sport except with Si badges and a deck lid. Also 200 HP, lmao. So they bump up the other trims HP to 180 and decrease the Si's? Makes sense...

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In case anyone wondering where the 5hp went. I think I see it

D9F13894-A618-401F-90B7-CED0F70A9354.jpeg
The exhausts looks so average...they would look way better if they were closer together not at the edge of it.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
boring looks has always been a thing with Si's. Go look back at the Si's from the past. The EM1, FG4, even the 9th gen was all "boring" in a way as its just a base civic with different suspension/brakes, wheels, and spoiler along with some interior bits. Thats exactly what the 11th gen si is.

now, the Si has always came with a different/bigger engine until the 10th gen so thats been a disappoint ever since the 10th gen si came out.
Boring but you knew by the badge it had something special under the hood. The 99-00's went from a 127hp single cam to a 8200rpm B16. The car was a complete transformation. 06-10's same way, 140hp to another 8000rpm underrated screamer. The 11th gen is 15 more hp same engine but more weight. The Si isn't going to be any faster than the lesser models. Heck the CVT's may be faster.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Boring but you knew by the badge it had something special under the hood. The 99-00's went from a 127hp single cam to a 8200rpm B16. The car was a complete transformation. 06-10's same way, 140hp to another 8000rpm underrated screamer. The 11th gen is 15 more hp same engine but more weight. The Si isn't going to be any faster than the lesser models. Heck the CVT's may be faster.
i do know about the history of the Si and hondas in general as i have been a honda guy.
so, yes i agree with you on the engine department. i did mention that being the disappointment in the post you quoted.

i assumed by boring "looks", he was talking about the exterior of the car. Si has never looked THAT different from their base trims for the most part. Same can be said about the people complaining about how "boring" the new Type R looks.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
i do know about the history of the Si and hondas in general as i have been a honda guy.
so, yes i agree with you on the engine department. i did mention that being the disappointment in the post you quoted.

i assumed by boring "looks", he was talking about the exterior of the car. Si has never looked THAT different from their base trims for the most part. Same can be said about the people complaining about how "boring" the new Type R looks.
I was adding to your post, not disagreeing with you.
Sponsored