All-new 2022 Civic Si Revealed ?

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EV is definitely where the industry and world governments are pushing things, however, they are not without their issues.

Current battery tech is awful if not worse for the environment. Also, lithium based batteries have pretty much reached the pinnacle of what they are capable of. Although they release a great deal of energy, they are unstable. A new non lithium solution needs to be developed

The lack of nationwide charging infrastructure makes travel for the private citizen inconvenient. Trucking can handoff, people aren't as keen on waiting 20 minutes every 3-400 miles. Faster charging will be more ideal, but again, lithium based batteries...

I do think that once the industry gets fully on board with it, EV will progress at a much faster clip. We just aren't there yet
What we need a flux capacitor ?
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
But do they use energy more efficiently? I mean the electricity grids are powered by natural gas plants, coal, nuclear. I know I’m being pedantic but I’m in the camp evs aren’t as fun, besides I’ve gapped plenty of charger, Camaro, mustangs in my 4 cylinder ? and it’s always fun seeing their faces #hondapowerbitches ???
I didn't mean it that way. EV's are more than 85 percent efficient, meaning they lose less than 20 percent in heat while the most efficient ICE is only 40 percent efficient, losing 60 percent in heat. The difference is Gasoline stores more energy than current battery technology

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
EV is definitely where the industry and world governments are pushing things, however, they are not without their issues.

Current battery tech is awful if not worse for the environment. Also, lithium based batteries have pretty much reached the pinnacle of what they are capable of. Although they release a great deal of energy, they are unstable. A new non lithium solution needs to be developed

The lack of nationwide charging infrastructure makes travel for the private citizen inconvenient. Trucking can handoff, people aren't as keen on waiting 20 minutes every 3-400 miles. Faster charging will be more ideal, but again, lithium based batteries...

I do think that once the industry gets fully on board with it, EV will progress at a much faster clip. We just aren't there yet
Agreed. The good news is companies are investing heavily in new battery technology, with Ford investing $11.4 Billion and Toyota just announcing a huge investment

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't mean it that way. EV's are more than 85 percent efficient, meaning they lose less than 20 percent in heat while the most efficient ICE is only 40 percent efficient, losing 60 percent in heat. The difference is Gasoline stores more energy than current battery technology
Ah fair enough. Up here in Canada it damn cold in the winters and I have seen the teslas lose like 15-20% because of the cold. And like Salmon said no wants to wait for a charge. Gas takes 2-3 mins max and you’re back at full range, ev gotta sit and wait

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah fair enough. Up here in Canada it damn cold in the winters and I have seen the teslas lose like 15-20% because of the cold. And like Salmon said no wants to wait for a charge. Gas takes 2-3 mins max and you’re back at full range, ev gotta sit and wait
Not where I fill up, Costco. Unless I get there before 8am, I have a minimum 20 minute wait

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not where I fill up, Costco. Unless I get there before 8am, I have a minimum 20 minute wait
? what’s so special about Costco gas?since I am tuned, I use Petro Canada 94 bc it come with 10% ethanol added, before tune it was Shell 92

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
? what’s so special about Costco gas?since I am tuned, I use Petro Canada 94 bc it come with 10% ethanol added, before tune it was Shell 92
It's top tier brand but cheaper than most other in top tier

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a Costco membership but I’ve been there twice since the pandemic started. It is always way too busy it’s freaking zoo ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I
Costco is about .60 cents per gallon cheaper than all the other brands. Plus I get 2 percent back from Costco and 4 percent back from my Costco Visa card. Lines are very long due to it being the cheapest gas

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm in and out of Sam's in less than three minutes on an early Sunday, but around normal store hours, forget it.
LOL I won't go near Costco in my area (San Jose) on the weekends unless I'm desperate