All Honda Sensing Features Errors - Won't Go Away

iamspartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring
Yesterday while driving on the highway at about 70MPH all the Honda Sensing features (ACC, LKAS, CMBS, etc.) all popped up with errors. I also got a low tire pressure warning at the time. Now the low tire pressure makes sense because it's been 10 degrees out for the past week. I've since filled my tires with more air and the low tire pressure warning has gone away. However, I've driven the car multiple times since the Sensing feature errors showed up and they have not gone away.

Is there something I can do on my end to to reset these errors and see if they were related to the low tire pressure or do I need to take my car in for service?
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yesterday while driving on the highway at about 70MPH all the Honda Sensing features (ACC, LKAS, CMBS, etc.) all popped up with errors. I also got a low tire pressure warning at the time. Now the low tire pressure makes sense because it's been 10 degrees out for the past week. I've since filled my tires with more air and the low tire pressure warning has gone away. However, I've driven the car multiple times since the Sensing feature errors showed up and they have not gone away.

Is there something I can do on my end to to reset these errors and see if they were related to the low tire pressure or do I need to take my car in for service?

Try disconnecting the battery both terminals then put back on which will reset everything. If that does not work then it needs to go to the dealer.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just take it to the dealer. There is obviously a problem if you are getting all these errors. Don't disconnect the battery as that will clear any stored codes that the dealer can otherwise use to help diagnose the problem.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
More likely a dirty sensor - windshield/fender. Lots of slush in the area this week.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
More likely a dirty sensor - windshield/fender. Lots of slush in the area this week.
Yeah, check for this. Mine went wonky and the adaptive cruise disengaged because the radar sensor in the front bumper was covered with too much salty slush. As I kept driving, enough gunk blew away and the ACC started working again.

OP
OP

iamspartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring
Yeah, check for this. Mine went wonky and the adaptive cruise disengaged because the radar sensor in the front bumper was covered with too much salty slush. As I kept driving, enough gunk blew away and the ACC started working again.
This is probably the case being that it's been so cold, nasty and snowy here in NY the past month. Where exactly is the radar sensor in the front bumper so I can look for this and possibly clean it off?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is probably the case being that it's been so cold, nasty and snowy here in NY the past month. Where exactly is the radar sensor in the front bumper so I can look for this and possibly clean it off?
From the Owner's Manual (p465) Camera on windshield behind (in front of the) rear-view mirror; radar lower bumper next to (left) fog light.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
What you'll see (hard to see in the pic above) is a plain black panel, maybe 4"x8", that houses the radar.

It could be covered with just enough junk to keep it from working, but I suppose it could also be damaged or disconnected.

If you clean it off and the errors persist, have the dealer check it.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
I'm having the same problem. Honda sensing features are popping up as problems on my instrument panel. just got the car drove it about 3 days and suddenly popped up. Took it to a dealership and said that I had a faulty camera and will replace it according to there computer test. Usually is the honda diagnose test accurately on the solution?

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine also popped the Sensing warnings (ACC, CMBS) on one cold morning start-up. Saw it for three-four days and then it just started working again like nothing had been wrong.

The radar plate was always clean, but we'd been having some slushy freezing weather recently so I figured it was some cold weather glich.

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag

This happened to me in my 2020 lx 6spd. Turned of the car and waited a min turn the car back and still there. Did a second time and proceeded to the dealer and all went away as i was driving.

For me it happen while driving around 55 in right lane and was about to change from 5th to 6th with ACC engaged.

joey b

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport hatchback
Country flag
I'm having the same problem. Honda sensing features are popping up as problems on my instrument panel. just got the car drove it about 3 days and suddenly popped up. Took it to a dealership and said that I had a faulty camera and will replace it according to there computer test. Usually is the honda diagnose test accurately on the solution?
you tell me.......having the same problem with my 2020 civic sport hatchback with 200 miles on it.....been in the dealer 4 days and 2 cameras and still cant find the problem!

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
you tell me.......having the same problem with my 2020 civic sport hatchback with 200 miles on it.....been in the dealer 4 days and 2 cameras and still cant find the problem!
My camera failed with 800 miles on the clock in my previous 2019 Sport. Diagnostic indicated camera *or* RADAR unit. It turned out to be the camera. I was getting pretty much every error possible scrolling across the dash.

dinoflapjack

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 Sport Touring
Country flag
I went on a canyon run last night and made it to the top, after I turned the car off and hung out for a bit I got back in the car and all the lights came on... check engine, tire pressure, all the camera features weren’t working. Checked out to see if anything was wrong, didn’t see any damage or low tires or anything. I’m just going to drive it around and hopefully they will clear. I’m going to look over everything now that it’s day and just to make sure.
I’m driving a 2019 Sport Touring hatch ??
I got faith in the car that nothing is fucked! ?

Honda Civic 10th gen All Honda Sensing Features Errors - Won't Go Away image
Sponsored

Last edited: