Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, a 2010 or 2011 ISF one of these days is going to end up in my driveway. I just have to convince my wife we "need" a weekend car...
Lol can be a very nice daily too
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Lol can be a very nice daily too
Oh yeah, definitely LOL! The problem is it uses more gas, also I want to keep my IS350 as well. I think once my wife hears that V8 roar she'll be convinced. LOL I'm just going to buy it one day and show up with it and say "Honey, I want to welcome our newest member"! She'll get over it in a few months

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thanks_Enjoi

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
You can pick up a 2010 through 2012 with probably under 70k miles for around $25k. The guy in YouTube video is driving either a 2010 or 2011. But anyway you already bought what you wanted so enjoy!
Mine is a 2019. 5k milws did not pay much more

Bosstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Had to. It is much more refined, sounds amazing and is much faster, while being stock. Can't handle for crap but the comfort is a trade off. Hopefully I don't put 15k or so into this. The Softail is getting the love at the moment. Stimulus checks and all that.

20200406_184740.jpg
I feel you. I made the change to a rt charger. My heart belongs to V8

Honda Civic 10th gen All American. Challenger crushes. 20200321_121347

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
The handling does suck. But either way its crushing an SI
10 year younger me thought the Si was the end all, older me wouldn't look twice at one, the rattles, lack of power, refinement, space, etc.

So though I'm looking at Type R's, I can't deny that I haven't been seriously considering a Chevy SS and throwing a whipple on it. I'd consider a Charger R/T Scatpack if it weren't for the fact that they're everywhere!

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Depends where doesn't it, as you just said the handling sucks. Some of us yawn at straight lines and get much much more enjoyment with acutally driving left and right, something where that last statement of yours would be thrown completely out the window. :) Enjoy the new car. ;)
I totally agree, but reading this SI forum, you'd think people here only care about straight line speed lol.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great buy. The Challenger is certainly a sweet car.

I wouldn't consider them an apples to apples comparison where it is easy to say one is "better". I wouldn't get an Si if I was looking for straight line performance and I wouldn't get a Challenger if I was looking for a great stick shift. It's going to come down to what kind of performance is desired.

The Challenger is a muscle car. V8 sound, straight line performance. There's a quick and simple satisfaction to being able to put your foot down and hear that V8 roar as you take off flying.

The Si is a driver's car. Excellent shifting experience, excellent handling, excellent braking. Mountain/hilly back roads with quick elevation changes and sharp turns that require braking is what this car excels at.
That's why I need an ISF. A 2010 or 2011 models are pretty cheap, extremely reliable, roaring V8, and they handle straight lines or curvy roads with ease. Of course you lose the excellent gas mileage, no manual transmission, and the backseats are less roomy (and trunk space sucks). But it's a V8!

Now if I can just convince the wife we need it...

Honda Civic 10th gen All American. Challenger crushes. ISF Drift

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
The Si is a driver's car. Excellent shifting experience, excellent handling, excellent braking. Mountain/hilly back roads with quick elevation changes and sharp turns that require braking is what this car excels at.
Don't forget fuel economy. The R/T is impressive for what it is, and undoubtedly it would be a blast at stoplights...but it gets, what, 15-16mpg city? No offense to muscle car fans, but in this day and age I'd have trouble owning a vehicle which returns that kind of mileage. Weekend garage queen, ok, but as a daily driver? No thanks. Of course that's just my own personal take, so ymmv (in more ways than one, I suppose)

forum_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 fz-07
Country flag
FCA makes some fun looking muscle cars, I do not trust their long term reliability though. But the thing I like about them the least are the super ugly interiors

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
10 year younger me thought the Si was the end all, older me wouldn't look twice at one, the rattles, lack of power, refinement, space, etc.

So though I'm looking at Type R's, I can't deny that I haven't been seriously considering a Chevy SS and throwing a whipple on it. I'd consider a Charger R/T Scatpack if it weren't for the fact that they're everywhere!
Are talking about the Chevy SS with the small block V8? Haha sleeper car for sure if I've ever seen one. I was thinking of buying a 2014 with a 6 speed manual but being a Toyota guy I was a bit afraid of reliability. They look so normal but damn they are not!

BTW it already has around 415 HP. How much more do you need?

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
That's why I need an ISF. A 2010 or 2011 models are pretty cheap, extremely reliable, roaring V8, and they handle straight lines or curvy roads with ease. Of course you lose the excellent gas mileage, no manual transmission, and the backseats are less roomy (and trunk space sucks). But it's a V8!

Now if I can just convince the wife we need it...

ISF Drift.gif
But it’s still a Japanese car which is more reliable. I know guys like the American pony cars ( mustang ,camaro, and challenger) on this forum but I’m sorry these cars are unreliable problematic and expensive funny I used to be a all American car guy until I owned a few Asian cars and realize the big three ( GM,FORD and Chrysler) just pushes their vehicle out the door and don’t worry about quality. I have no interest in a new America car anymore if I was to look at a mustang it would be a 84 to 86 SVO
btw the ISF is a cool car:)