jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Are you high?
Legit question.
To your point, some aftermarket parts will suffer performance. That's why a smart tuner does research. Let me make my point. A type R costs 33k new. I got my Si for 24k. Intake, intercooler and tune with E85 put me in the 280hp range for about 2k (install and tune myself) and if my memory serves me right the Type R stock makes 303hp. So now I'm at a total of 26k into the car. PRL downpipe and front pipe on the way, looking at the clutch and flywheel, stainless clutch line and hasport rmm right now and 27 won turbo on the way, total damage, 3250ish, and when I throw it all on there what's gonna happen? I'll blow right past a type R for about 3k less. Stupid argument you're trying to make
how about after having to upgrade your rods etc to handle that power?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
how about after having to upgrade your rods etc to handle that power?
Of course no proof in longevity but there's been 500whp laid down on stock si rods without gernading. And tons of people well into the 300s for a while now.

Nostake

First Name
jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Of course no proof in longevity but there's been 500whp laid down on stock si rods without gernading. And tons of people well into the 300s for a while now.
well that is encouraging, thanks caraddict ;) how about our regular civics/hatchbacks what is the assumed power limit for them before its wise to upgrade internals?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn that sucks. I've barely spent time online lately and missed that one for sure. I'll probably go read through it later but how much power were you putting down? Meth mainly for cooling or did your fuel system/setup depend on it?

Nostake I honestly got no idea. Haven't been watching YouTube, barely read posts anymore either I'm usually only catching this stuff if it pops up in a civic group on FB and I see it before it gets pushed from the top.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Damn that sucks. I've barely spent time online lately and missed that one for sure. I'll probably go read through it later but how much power were you putting down? Meth mainly for cooling or did your fuel system/setup depend on it?

Nostake I honestly got no idea. Haven't been watching YouTube, barely read posts anymore either I'm usually only catching this stuff if it pops up in a civic group on FB and I see it before it gets pushed from the top.
I dynod at 355hp @28 psi, e35 only.
Pushed it further @34 psi, E35 with meth. Didn't have the chance to re-dyno unfortunately.

I was running a size 5, 375ml/min. It was supplying a ok chunk of fuel. So I could push past the factory fuel system and MAP sensors.

I was logging during the event. Everything was going the way it should be. Wasn't lean nor rich. Ign wasn't jacked up to much. I think the poor engine just decided to give.

47k on the car.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much torque you lay down on the 355 run? And damn 34psi (2860 right?) on e35 with 5 degrees probably felt pretty damn good before she let go. I've still been too chicken to add any timing my last log I was actually under 0 most the time except a couple degrees in the very beginning and ended the pull at .5 degrees. When I go through the gears I end up -3 or more because everything gets so damn hot (bigger turbo still stock ic for now). Might not all be fear also just time I've had the turbo in for over a month and am writing my own tune. Started with 1.00 and am STILL on 1.00 haha I need to devote some time to that car it's filthy inside. Gloss black wheels basically look flat black now, needs tires, etc...

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
How much torque you lay down on the 355 run? And damn 34psi (2860 right?) on e35 with 5 degrees probably felt pretty damn good before she let go. I've still been too chicken to add any timing my last log I was actually under 0 most the time except a couple degrees in the very beginning and ended the pull at .5 degrees. When I go through the gears I end up -3 or more because everything gets so damn hot (bigger turbo still stock ic for now). Might not all be fear also just time I've had the turbo in for over a month and am writing my own tune. Started with 1.00 and am STILL on 1.00 haha I need to devote some time to that car it's filthy inside. Gloss black wheels basically look flat black now, needs tires, etc...
5.5° at full boost lol, on the 34psi tune.
Tq was 336. And yup gtx2860r .64 housing.
What turbo you running?

Needing tires is better then needing an engine lol

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pure450. And yeah you got me there I just hate buying wear items. Will be my 4th set with 50k on the car. (I should probably stop driving like an Ahole all the time...)

I was always timid with timing on the stock turbo too but I did add a tiny bit here and there and am running the same timing now but heats killing me. Either way though I have timing added where this turbos still trying to wind up so I need to go back and pull what I added and team some. Can't mess with cam timing so I'm going to try and retard ignition timing to reduce spool time a little. All these ideas/plans in my head with no time to execute them. Also hurts that I got used to e40 on the stock turbo now moved and only run 92 with the pure. I might start buying drums of e98 though if I can find a couple people who want some as well. Won't get through 55 gallons of e98 mixing up e40 very quick all by myself @35mpg

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
.49 during failure. By the time I pulled over .7
Rod was threw the pan.
Plenty of other factors tho I'm sure. It's summertime and it's too hot for a car that runs hot already, I don't push mine in this Florida heat lol

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Plenty of other factors tho I'm sure. It's summertime and it's too hot for a car that runs hot already, I don't push mine in this Florida heat lol
She wasn't hot tho xD meth injection helps there. And a giant intercooler. Gtx2860r turbo

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
She wasn't hot tho xD meth injection helps there. And a giant intercooler. Gtx2860r turbo
Fair enough, but stock interals on 35 psi isn't going to last forever lol
Sponsored