Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
2nd dealer said it would take 5 hours and I'd have to pay. I found the shop with the newest alignment machine in town and I had it done there instead.

My toe front and rear were off by quite a bit. Shop adjusted to spec. Car rides smooth as silk again and it doesn't pull.

If you have a little vibration, your car drifts a bit and the center feels a bit vague, get yourself an alignment. Especially if you've slapped on new wheels/tires. Alignment will fix all of that.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
good to hear car runs good again. so y didn't u fight for the warranty at the 2nd dealer? did u have ur stock wheels back on?

2nd dealer said it would take 5 hours and I'd have to pay. I found the shop with the newest alignment machine in town and I had it done there instead.

My toe front and rear were off by quite a bit. Shop adjusted to spec. Car rides smooth as silk again and it doesn't pull.

If you have a little vibration, your car drifts a bit and the center feels a bit vague, get yourself an alignment. Especially if you've slapped on new wheels/tires. Alignment will fix all of that.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
good to hear car runs good again. so y didn't u fight for the warranty at the 2nd dealer? did u have ur stock wheels back on?
Nah, it just didn't seem worth it anymore. My time is too valuable to fight over $100 - when spring rolls around and it's time to put the stockies back on, I'm going straight in for an alignment.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Aftermarket wheels normally won't cause an alignment problem unless you select an offset that causes extreme scrub radius problems, i:e, super low offset. Camber/caster problems normally come with lowering cars. My 2021 CTR was perfectly fine when I put on my RSR wheels with 255/40-18's while at stock ride height. Some corrections to caster and toe, were necessary after my Swift springs were installed though.
Honda Civic 10th gen Alignment warranty denied due to aftermarket wheels IMG_20210724_064956260_HDR