Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Dealership refused to do an alignment under warranty at all until I showed them the warranty we have on our cars.

Then they refused to do the alignment under warranty because I have my winter wheels on. They said "We don't know what you've monkeyed with so we can't do it under warranty."

I've called another dealership to see if they can - they're supposed to get back to me on Monday. I'm so pissed right now - how do I escalate this?

It's so stupid - I can run home and put my stock wheels on - would they do an alignment then?
Sponsored

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
stealership for the loss.
do you fight them and force them to do it knowing they will do a crap job because you forced them.
do you just find someone else to pay to do it and save the fight for a major warranty issue.

i paid for a $70 skid plate that broke when it fell off after a oil change they did so i could save the fight for something major. and i paid for the top warranty plan when i bought it too.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Well, I have two other close dealerships to choose from and another two in reasonable driving distance. I've sent a message to Honda corporate - if they come down on my side, I'm definitely just going to another dealership. I'm not going to reward this with my business.

The dealership that denied the service also was convinced it was a 6k mile warranty. I didn't fight it because my car is under 6k, but it's frustrating to deal with people so ill informed.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Better off selling the warranty if you can’t get serviced by anyone.

Then, find an alignment shop and get a lifetime alignment plan. After every oil change go back and get an alignment :)

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
It's a factory warranty - not able to sell it.

Anyone have a link to the warranty info? I looked at the warranty booklet available at the Honda website and there is no mention of an alignment warranty.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
It's a factory warranty - not able to sell it.

Anyone have a link to the warranty info? I looked at the warranty booklet available at the Honda website and there is no mention of an alignment warranty.
If your within the first couple thousand miles I can see the dealer charging Honda as warranty work.

However I’ve never heard of any factory warranty that did alignment beyond that as it would be considered wear and tear. As you drive, you potentially put the car out of alignment.

Any other warranty would be aftermarket, and that is why I suggested selling it.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
If your within the first couple thousand miles I can see the dealer charging Honda as warranty work.

However I’ve never heard of any factory warranty that did alignment beyond that as it would be considered wear and tear. As you drive, you potentially put the car out of alignment.

Any other warranty would be aftermarket, and that is why I suggested selling it.
The Type R literally comes with a 1 year/12000 mile alignment and balance warranty. I remember seeing it linked somewhere and now I can't find that link anywhere.

Any other member want to chime in?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
The Type R literally comes with a 1 year/12000 mile alignment and balance warranty. I remember seeing it linked somewhere and now I can't find that link anywhere.

Any other member want to chime in?
Should be 1 year or 12k miles on stock rims and stock tires.

Forget about it if you have aftermarket rims that don’t match stock offset and diameter. Camber is not adjustable and they can’t do anything if it’s out of spec.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Pretty much all new cars come with alignment warranty for first 12k or 1 year. I always get it done on new cars - I just tell them I think its pulling to right (or left). They do it. I got it done on Corolla, and 3 Lexus cars. OP should fight the dealer or see another dealer.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
It's on page 9 of the warranty booklet - it says

"
Wheel balancing and wheel
alignment are covered for the first
year or 12,000 miles, whichever
comes first, unless required as part
of a warranty repair."

I'll put the stock wheels back on if that's what it takes. If they tell me camber is off and not adjustable and it's probably due to my wheels, I'll accept that (even though it's wrong, camber is constant whatever the wheel width). But if it's off even with stock wheels, we have a problem.

Last edited:

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
Yeah I tired to get that on my last honda, and they were adamant on that it did not need it even-though the warranty covers it. Are warranty reimbursement rates that bad now?

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Corporate just now responded and basically said it's a dealer issue. Go talk to them.

Thanks, took you a whole week to come up with that. I've got an appointment with another dealer, I'll see what they say.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
I am calling bs on this one. The tires can't even be used across half of the country over winter. Honda left many of us with no choice but to change the stock tires at least and they should definitely cover it IMO. Sounds like some lazy no integrity having losers who will use any excuse to skate out of anything. I personally wouldn't want them touching my car anyway so I would just leave it be. I would find a Firestone or similar place with a management you like that takes decent care of you and pay for a lifetime alignment on the car. It's always going to be a coin flip when you hand off the car for service if you don't know someone.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Is your car pulling right or left? How do you know alignment is off?
Sponsored