Alignment Issue

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
So Honda is now involved. They're going to be checking in with my dealer. Though I made it clear that I'd like them to just find any dealer who will perform the work. They seem to think it won't be covered under warranty but I'll point out that it is, thanks to above comments.
that sucks!! heres a link you should show to that dealer: http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/warranty

it clearly states that wheel alignment is part of the limited warranty for the 2016 honda civic. hope that helps!!
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Never mind warranty, part of that "dealer fee" is vehicle prep which always involves checking alignment, which they obviously didn't do it they don't even have the profile yet. Tell to refund your fee if they don't want to cover it.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
vehicle prep which always involves checking alignment
Checking alignment is not included in the '16 Civic PDI process posted here previously.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Checking alignment is not included in the '16 Civic PDI process posted here previously.
I noticed that on the document, regardless though, its clearly the responsibility of the dealership, just as if the car has gotten delivered with a cracked windshield or other defect.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I can't agree completely--if it were grossly misaligned, maybe they should catch it in a quick drive. Slightly off-center steering wheel in a ten minute test drive? Not so much. The dealer has to be able to assume the factory gets certain stuff right. Since alignment can't really be objectively verified without putting it on the tool, this seems like one that the dealer has to assume unless Honda is paying them in the PDI to verify.

OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
So my dealer reached out to me this morning saying they will be able to manually do the alignment. Honda called me just now and confirmed they spoke to the dealer about the issue and I'm guessing twisted their arm a bit. Seems like this will be finally resolved this weekend.

red storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring
I took my civic through an automatic car wash. The steering wheel was 0 degrees off center while driving straight before the car wash. Now it turns slightly left with the steering wheel straight. I have enough miles on the car to know what "normal" is in this vehicle. Now my dealer is waiting for the specs to align my car. This sucks.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Link doesn't work anymore
It works fine for me. And it states "Wheel balancing and wheel

alignment are covered for the first

year or 12,000 miles, whichever

comes first, unless required as part

of a warranty repair."

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
The past few days I noticed my car has been slowly drifting to the right when the steering wheel is centered. I've been driving with it slightly to the left to compensate. The car only has 300 miles on it and I feel like it was fine at first...don't recall going through any serious potholes. Taking it in tomorrow morning...anyone else experience alignment issues this early on?
I am, actually. I drive a '16 Civic LX, and the steering wheel feels crooked, so when I hold it in the center, it drifts to the left. It also feels very loose and choppy. I took it to the dealer and they said it's normal, so I'm not sure what to think. :/

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I am, actually. I drive a '16 Civic LX, and the steering wheel feels crooked, so when I hold it in the center, it drifts to the left. It also feels very loose and choppy. I took it to the dealer and they said it's normal, so I'm not sure what to think. :/
Trying to skip on the work like the aholes who refuse to acknowledge the sub rattle issue

Loose and choppy are subjective but the drifting shouldn't be

My local dealer checked for alignment issues and fixed it even though it was only 3 degrees off (new car by the way)

Not all dealerships are created the same

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Does anyone know how many degrees you normally have to turn the steering wheel on a 2016 Civic LX to make a right turn? On my car, I have to turn it one full turn plus ALMOST half a turn, so 360° + 160° = 520.° Is this normal?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Does anyone know how many degrees you normally have to turn the steering wheel on a 2016 Civic LX to make a right turn? On my car, I have to turn it one full turn plus ALMOST half a turn, so 360° + 160° = 520.° Is this normal?
Doesnt sound normal. Will try it in like 40 mins