Alignment Issue

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just did a right turn. Just over 180 degrees, maybe 210 max to make a right turn. Same with left
Sponsored

mzebby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Si
I am, actually. I drive a '16 Civic LX, and the steering wheel feels crooked, so when I hold it in the center, it drifts to the left. It also feels very loose and choppy. I took it to the dealer and they said it's normal, so I'm not sure what to think. :/
I started a thread (http://www.civicx.com/threads/alignment-issue-2017-touring.7460/#post-132901) as my car is brand new and I've started to see a slight alignment issue with my steering wheel. If I hold the steering wheel exactly straight with the dashboard, the car will start going left in 2-3 seconds of driving (on the highway), so I have to hold it a bit to the right for it to go straight. Same goes for city driving but less noticeable.

I've put 1,000kms on the car and have put winter tires on so I don't know if the dealer will cover this fix. They might say it's the winter tires or I've hit something, but I'll see what they say.

Will let you know once I fix it

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
The past few days I noticed my car has been slowly drifting to the right when the steering wheel is centered. I've been driving with it slightly to the left to compensate. The car only has 300 miles on it and I feel like it was fine at first...don't recall going through any serious potholes. Taking it in tomorrow morning...anyone else experience alignment issues this early on?
I am basically experiencing the same problem, except that on my 2016 Civic LX sedan, I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the right to keep it going straight. Also, when I turn right, it feels extremely numb, and the steering wheel takes an awfully long time to return to the center, meaning I have to make right turns extra slowly. When I turn left, it feels tight like it normally does, and I don't have to turn the steering wheel excessively. I have taken it to 3 dealers at least 3 times each, and every single time they take it for a test drive, and return only to tell me that there is "nothing wrong with it." When I drive over 55 mph on the highway, I practically fear for my life because all the car wants to do is veer into the left lane. Either these mechanics are completely incompetent/poorly trained, or they are lying. How on Earth do they repeatedly fail to discover the problem??? I have even contacted a Lemon Law firm for help. I'm meeting with a case manager from American Honda fairly soon, so I sincerely hope that he can get this squared away.

Last edited:

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
The other day I hit a smaller pothole, going around 30-35 MPH, and afterward, whenever I run over a speed hump, there is now a squeaking noise AS WELL AS a knocking noise coming from the right front wheel well. So which component would make a knocking/clunking noise AND a squeaking noise when hitting bumps?

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Is there a particular component that if loose, will also cause the steering to feel loose, wobbly, and numb when turning right, but when the mechanics put the car on a lift, and wiggle various components, can't find anything loose? I didn't realize that there are hidden components that could be loose. Or is it at all possible that when they raise the car up on the lift, it causes certain components to give a false tight feel? In other words, the front end of the car sits on the lift in such a manner that it temporarily causes those components to "tighten up," and when the car is lowered, those components become loose again.

Last edited:

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I took my 2016 Honda Civic LX to Pep Boys Hackensack yesterday, and they put it on the alignment machine, and told me that "everything is tight." So how can a car have extremely loose steering despite having a perfect alignment???
Honda Civic 10th gen Alignment Issue 16587020_1875632129349721_3546037409705772510_o

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
A loose or busted strut is first "guess". Unless you had a gorilla checking for tightness/looseness an unloaded strut is difficult to detect on an unloaded suspension.

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I started a thread (http://www.civicx.com/threads/alignment-issue-2017-touring.7460/#post-132901) as my car is brand new and I've started to see a slight alignment issue with my steering wheel. If I hold the steering wheel exactly straight with the dashboard, the car will start going left in 2-3 seconds of driving (on the highway), so I have to hold it a bit to the right for it to go straight. Same goes for city driving but less noticeable.

I've put 1,000kms on the car and have put winter tires on so I don't know if the dealer will cover this fix. They might say it's the winter tires or I've hit something, but I'll see what they say.

Will let you know once I fix it
Had the exact same issue - the dealership fixed it no charge when I took it in.

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Clearly, Honda is not to be trusted. I pray I don't end up like these people did!
Honda Civic 10th gen Alignment Issue FB_IMG_1487096119980

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This isn't an alignment issue - If any of this were true there would be 100 ambulance chasers at their door.
PS What are water shields?

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
The front, right wheel just started is wobbling, especially when I make a right turn. It started doing this AFTER my car had a wheel alignment done at Pep Boys, so it can't possibly be an out-of-balance wheel. The knocking noise is also becoming more frequent! I really wish I could pinpoint which component it is so that a mechanic can fix ASAP and once and for all! This car is trying to kill me! :(

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Did you ever figure out why car is drifting to the right? I'm having same issue on my Type R and the car is aligned perfectly.
Sponsored