Alignment Issue

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The past few days I noticed my car has been slowly drifting to the right when the steering wheel is centered. I've been driving with it slightly to the left to compensate. The car only has 300 miles on it and I feel like it was fine at first...don't recall going through any serious potholes. Taking it in tomorrow morning...anyone else experience alignment issues this early on?
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Car has held alignment for me. You likely hit something (pothole, curb, large bump) which threw it off, or the dealership just didn't adjust one of the bolts enough when doing the alignment from delivery. Easy fix, and something you should get redone periodically, even if you don't notice any drift.

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Had the same problem too! Had to take it to dealership. Also be careful when you take it to dealership. When I took it in, they tried to make me pay for the wheel alignment and I had to look it up to show them that wheel alignment is covered by them for the first 3 yrs or 36k miles.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Make sure you are on a completely flat road when you do your test. If the road is angled (for water drainage) or very slightly curved, you may be misled that the vehicle is out of alignment. I fell for this before and they told me it was perfectly aligned

OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Live update: drove 50 miles to dealer, still convinced it's pulling right. Dealer was very apologetic and of course will check and fix for free. Service guy was stoked to get in one of these!

OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
They couldn't do the alignment because their system doesn't have the 2016 models yet apparently. They need to call in a guy to come set it up. However they must've tried to do something because now my car pulls to the left instead of the right...

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
Mine originally came with the steering wheel off-center about 15 degrees. Fixed by the dealer with no problems...

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Had the same problem too! Had to take it to dealership. Also be careful when you take it to dealership. When I took it in, they tried to make me pay for the wheel alignment and I had to look it up to show them that wheel alignment is covered by them for the first 3 yrs or 36k miles.
I had to look this up, I did not know that the first year / 12000 miles is covered under Honda care maintenance program. Which means oil, filter, rotation, fluid if it needs it within the first year.

Edit - http://automobiles.honda.com/information/owner-resources.aspx
And
http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/finance/maintenance-program

Last edited:
OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Alright, so my dealer said their alignment update won't happen for a few months. Another dealer I called said the same thing.. I'm in socal, if anyone has a dealer worth trying or any ideas? This is what my steering wheel position is to go in a straight line..

Attachments

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Wow, so Honda has said they won't fix an alignment issue for a few months? Isn't driving straight a safety issue?

OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Wow, so Honda has said they won't fix an alignment issue for a few months? Isn't driving straight a safety issue?
They're literally saying that they don't have the technology to do so because their system can't read the 2016 civic yet. That's close to the wording they used haha. Called another dealer who said they can align any vehicle with no problem so we'll see how that goes. Getting a bit frustrating.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The issue is that they probably don't have the correct numbers for a 2016 Civic yet, so they don't know what to set the toe, camber, etc at. You can contact Honda yourself most likely and get that information and relay it to the shop.

OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
OP
OP
nboyanov

nboyanov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
So Honda is now involved. They're going to be checking in with my dealer. Though I made it clear that I'd like them to just find any dealer who will perform the work. They seem to think it won't be covered under warranty but I'll point out that it is, thanks to above comments.
Sponsored