Alignment after rear camber arms?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious to see how many of y'all have had issues like me, I've seen a few (1-2) people who have had this issue of correcting toe/steering on D2 springs, I'm now debating whether if a 4w alignment is necessary or just get a 2W alignment?

Got an alignment a week after D2 springs and my car was still pulling left at speeds of 50+, got it aligned at a reputable tuner shop and turns out the toe wasn't able to be adjusted to be perfectly even because of the camber I had in the rears. Got SPC rear arms and got them dialed in to oem spec (-1.6) and the car seemed to drive straight for a little, but turns out there is still very little pull to the left at speeds of 60-70+.

Has anyone here gotten aligned after D2 and managed to get even readings on both front wheels without arms? Not sure if I'm facing a different issue, I also don't think the issue is tire wear.

The last alignment reading I got before getting rear arms was 0.01 on front left and -0.01 on front right which I assume explains the slight pull to the left? Just want to clarify if after getting my rears dialed to -1.6 if I can have better luck getting it aligned again, don't want to pay another for an alignment that won't do much
Sponsored

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Going to need the whole alignemnt print out.
It could be a different angle causing the pull.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to need the whole alignemnt print out.
It could be a different angle causing the pull.
This was the alignment before getting my rear arms installed and adjusted

Honda Civic 10th gen Alignment after rear camber arms? alignment

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As much as tires cost I think you should do a 4 wheel to be safe.

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most likely its your front caster.
Uneven caster will cause a pull.

and your left is out of specs.
Its in front of the right.
Should pull to the right.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most likely its your front caster.
Uneven caster will cause a pull.

and your left is out of specs.
Its in front of the right.
Should pull to the right.
Gotcha, would a 2w alignment be ok or I gotta go 4w? The caster should be equal?

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha, would a 2w alignment be ok or I gotta go 4w? The caster should be equal?
Yea caster should be equal.
The thing is. I dont belive caster is adjustable on these cars. So that says that something is off.

But just doing the front and bring that side back in line should correct your pull.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea caster should be equal.
The thing is. I dont belive caster is adjustable on these cars. So that says that something is off.

But just doing the front and bring that side back in line should correct your pull.
Yeah it's not, that's what I'm worried about I hope there's not some other issue. Back when I got this alignment the guy told me "honestly it's a 50/50 shot I can't say for sure" but I'm hoping things will be different now that I got my rear arms.

Thanks man gonna set up an appt now and just hope for the best lol

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
go to goodyear. pay $150 for a 3 year alignment package. After its done go back as much as you want or need.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
go to goodyear. pay $150 for a 3 year alignment package. After its done go back as much as you want or need.
Oh what the hell, they offer free alignment check too.. Thank you for the recommendation man LOL gonna try here instead, goodyear is good with alignments?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as with anything it depends on the shop. mine ive always been happy with and they even put the camber to what i wanted it at. fyi on the front...good idea to pop those guide pins out yourself and remove your strut bar if you have one. they'll charge to do it.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as with anything it depends on the shop. mine ive always been happy with and they even put the camber to what i wanted it at. fyi on the front...good idea to pop those guide pins out yourself and remove your strut bar if you have one. they'll charge to do it.
Gotcha thanks, made an appt for a free alignment check and see what they say. Guide pins are alerady out from D2 install, and why do they need to remove strut bar for alignment? Is that necessary

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so for me i have spacers. i asked to have -0.5 degrees all around. they couldn't get it in the front because of the bar.
Sponsored