1.5T Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your thoughts are based on logic and common sense and *disclaimer: with me not being a professional tuner*, I agree. Having said that, it would make more sense if someone is going to change either the TIP or the MAF housing...to change both after all. I am pretty sure that Honda has made the proper calculations from the airflow in the OEM box to the turbo, taking under consideration performance, fuel consumption, drivability(no jerkiness) and intake noise. Their math led to what we get. Now, if we are to change any part in that equation, we are messing with the overall balance of the airflow. Common sense says to change everything until the turbo and make sure that the new parts match in the sense of not simply having larger diameter throughout the tubing but also either keep that diameter steady.
If the intake tubing is X mm, then the MAF X/4 mm, then the TIP X mm again, then the airflow is not linear(?). Dont know the proper word.

Having said the above, I have already ordered the 27WON TIP for my Si turbo/PRL Street MAF equipped CR-V and as long as it fits (yeah, I am gonna be the lab rat - if it doesn't fit I hope I'll find someone to sell it to) I am gonna see how the TIP behaves. I am still at basemaps Ktuner 21DUAL and have various logs so I will have something to compare it to. With Ktuner having added the Race MAF calibration option for my software, I am seriously considering getting the race MAF to install and see if that helps.
Exactly what you said above. Thanks for explaining. The 27Won TIP should fit with your Si turbo setup just fine because that's exactly what I have. I'm utilizing the Si Turbo, and 27Won TIP with the PRL Race maf. Even with this setup, it still bothers me that the PRL Race maf diameter is just a little bit smaller than the 27Won TIP inlet. Even if it's insignificant, it's not 'linear' as the way you put it. With the maf sensor inside of the race maf, that even makes the race maf 'flow' a little bit more 'restrictive'. It's a stock turbo....I know...I know. I'm just SUPER picky when it comes to stuff like this and want it to be perfect if I can make it that way. Waste or not!

I've posted a pic below so you can see the diameter difference of the 27Won TIP and PRL race maf. There's a chance I'll be getting the 27Won 80mm race maf just to ease my conscious. :D

Now about this AliExpress TIP (To stay on subject). ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion 27Won
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What concerns me about Aliexpress inlet is the quality of the weld. I'm not saying products sold through AliExpress have bad quality but I'm just not convinced with what I see in the picture. I'd buy it if there are a few people share positive testimony about the quality of this inlet.

OP
OP
lunabar825

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag
What concerns me about Aliexpress inlet is the quality of the weld. I'm not saying products sold through AliExpress have bad quality but I'm just not convinced with what I see in the picture. I'd buy it if there are a few people share positive testimony about the quality of this inlet.
I'm not. If it can hold 10hg at idle, why does it matter? It is not a part that sees boost. It would however be a problem, for me, if the welds are SO shitty that there were huge bubble gum lumps of weld in the TIP causing turbulence to upset air flow, if it could cause any significant difference in power... or if there were holes in the welds to cause an unmonitored vacuum leak post MAF/MAP

Last edited:

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Are you sure about that? Just cause the cross section is now a round tube instead of oval does not mean it's bigger.
its rounder then compare to flat pancake inlet pipe. check the picture compare with oem inlet pipe, btw m not sure which oem inlet pipe are those maybe its si or non si

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion tip1

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion tip3

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion tip4

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Clearly the only solution here is for someone to buy it and dyno their car before and after. Less talk more action! I'll kick in $5.

HF31

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T non-Si
Country flag
KC Auto Workshop (based Malaysia) has been selling their custom turbo inlet pipe since 2018. Its 70mm and mated nicely to my MST intake system. They should be able to ship to the US, just need to ping them on facebook.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion IMG_20201119_075552

Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion IMG_20201119_075705
Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion Screenshot_20200724_013113

HF31

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T non-Si
Country flag
TBH, the Aliexpress TIP doesn't look that bad either, based on other customers' cars.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion H34a9f1667d2c490eaf07fb510d41b37a3

OP
OP
lunabar825

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Omg, I did not see that pic. It looks really out of place

OP
OP
lunabar825

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
I'd be worried about heatsoak... Aluminum is an excellent conductor, great at absorbing heat, as well as cooling quickly luckily... But given how hot the underhood temps are, and it being right above the turbo, there has got to be a better design. I think wrap it up and hope for the best.

OP
OP
lunabar825

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I'd be worried about heatsoak... Aluminum is an excellent conductor, great at absorbing heat, as well as cooling quickly luckily... But given how hot the underhood temps are, and it being right above the turbo, there has got to be a better design. I think wrap it up and hope for the best.
All the aftermarket TIPS are aluminum, so I suppose, just speculation, it doesn't do very much as far as heat soak goes.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are really cool finds. Thanks for posting up all these other TIPs guys. Good stuff!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can tell you something I like about this a lot, just from eyeballing it. I don't think I mentioned this anywhere else but I don't want to seem like I'd be raining on people's parade. The inside of this TIP appears to be very smooth. The 27Won TIP is very rough inside. Smoothness is very important to me since airflow is affected by how smooth an intake is inside. It's merely internal aerodynamics. The smoother the surface, the better the airflow. It's just me being nitpicky but otherwise I love the 27Won. However, this is +1 for this intake.

And the cost is damn cheap for how 'complicated' a piece this is to make. Also, look at their price for their downpipe/frontpipe. Holy crap! Awesome!
Sponsored