1.5T Aliexpress aluminum Civic 1.5t turbo inlet pipe discussion

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
gain of 2.2hp and 3.4wtq is on civic si, i guess more gain on non-si civic 1.5T as civic si inlet pipe is slightly bigger than non si civic.
I wouldn't. The non Si also has a little different turbo and different compression ratio.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanna be the person to try and leave a review for us?
It seems it would benefit non si but for the Si, it would be the nothing or veryy minimal gain.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
I wouldn't. The non Si also has a little different turbo and different compression ratio.
even i wouldnt unless if i get si or bigger turbo.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

OP
OP
lunabar825

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag
So, is the SI TIP a bolt on afair for Non-Si civics?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
gain of 2.2hp and 3.4wtq is on civic si, i guess more gain on non-si civic 1.5T as civic si inlet pipe is slightly bigger than non si civic.
Has anyone seen the dyno of the 2.2hp and 3.4wtq? I know 27Won talked about it HERE

But let's be honest with ourselves. No-one here (That I know of) have found out the full potential of the stock turbo completely maxed out from low range to the top. When I say 'MAXED OUT', I mean you get the small stock turbo to spool as quickly as possibly to the highest hp/tq it can reach from just off idle until you shift. People would have to upgrade their stock clutch and stock piston/rods in order to do this and then do a dyno run.

IF this was done, you'd get to see the difference of the stock pipe vs the 27Won TIP fully. No restraining of the torque anywhere on the lowend. Let the stock turbo do what it's best at doing and when it sucks all the available air out of the intake quickly coming off idle, THEN you'd see what the difference a larger TIP is vs the stock TIP.

Handicapping the stock turbo down low and then comparing an aftermarket TIP to the stock TIP makes no sense. Handicap an aftermarket turbo on the topend by cutting hp/tq to save the rod or clutch and you'd see similar results.

Just thinking outside the box! I'm sure most understand what I pointing at here though. ;)

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone seen the dyno of the 2.2hp and 3.4wtq? I know 27Won talked about it HERE

But let's be honest with ourselves. No-one here (That I know of) have found out the full potential of the stock turbo completely maxed out from low range to the top. When I say 'MAXED OUT', I mean you get the small stock turbo to spool as quickly as possibly to the highest hp/tq it can reach from just off idle until you shift. People would have to upgrade their stock clutch and stock piston/rods in order to do this and then do a dyno run.

IF this was done, you'd get to see the difference of the stock pipe vs the 27Won TIP fully. No restraining of the torque anywhere on the lowend. Let the stock turbo do what it's best at doing and when it sucks all the available air out of the intake quickly coming off idle, THEN you'd see what the difference a larger TIP is vs the stock TIP.

Handicapping the stock turbo down low and then comparing an aftermarket TIP to the stock TIP makes no sense. Handicap an aftermarket turbo on the topend by cutting hp/tq to save the rod or clutch and you'd see similar results.

Just thinking outside the box! I'm sure most understand what I pointing at here though. ;)
i have only seen the dyno of 27won but other than that nope, i feel this bigger inlet pipe is useless for oem stock turbo unless you going for PRL turbo kit. Btw you are rright oem turbo dont need larger TIP as its already maxed out.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have only seen the dyno of 27won but other than that nope, i feel this bigger inlet pipe is useless for oem stock turbo unless you going for PRL turbo kit. Btw you are rright oem turbo dont need larger TIP as its already maxed out.
That's not quite what I meant about the OEM tip. 27Won said that. I posted up 4 datalogs, two was wide open throttle with stock TIP and two was after the 27Won TIP was installed. It was done on the same day, same road, same temps.

What I noticed for instance was that my maf g/s with the stock Si tip was around 181-182 g/s. The maf g/s with the 27Won TIP was between 187-188 g/s. The map I was on ONLY had 17psi of boost btw (I had uploaded the wrong file for the tests...long story). My maf g/s is pretty consistent when changing things and testing, on the same road, same temps and same day. A 5-7 g/s difference is significant (for me) for an intake upgrade. That's around 6hp if my ghetto math is right (Maf g/s / 0.82). I just never talked about it because I hate to lead people on and wanted to test the numbers at the drag strip. :(

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something else to keep in mind. When PRL tested their race maf against the stock maf -->HERE,
This is what they said...." The Race MAF provide a 4-5 hp and 2 ft/lb tq gain at peak and 10hp/10tq gains throughout the midrange over-top of the Street MAF." This is just by opening up the maf sensor diameter, at the end of the turbo inlet pipe. I posed a question as to why people thought this was the case in THIS thread but it got closed for some reason. Gains were had just by making the pipe (maf sensor) wider at the end of the TIP. The 27Won Tip is basically making everything wider from the turbo inlet to the maf sensor. So by widening the TIP and the Maf sensor (Race Maf), things should be a little more interesting. Especially if someone could utilize a tune that maxxed out the stock turbo through the whole rev range, not handicapping the torque at low rpms. ;)

This Ali Tip seems like a great go between because it's cheap and it's wider than stock.

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something else to keep in mind. When PRL tested their race maf against the stock maf -->HERE,
This is what they said...." The Race MAF provide a 4-5 hp and 2 ft/lb tq gain at peak and 10hp/10tq gains throughout the midrange over-top of the Street MAF." This is just by opening up the maf sensor diameter, at the end of the turbo inlet pipe. I posed a question as to why people thought this was the case in THIS thread by it got closed for some reason. Gains were had just by making the pipe (maf sensor) wider at the end of the TIP. The 27Won Tip is basically making everything wider from the turbo inlet to the maf sensor. So by widening the TIP and the Maf sensor (Race Maf), things should be a little more interesting. Especially if someone could utilize a tune that maxxed out the stock turbo through the whole rev range, not handicapping the torque at low rpms. ;)

This Ali Tip seems like a great go between because it's cheap and it's wider than stock.
Your thoughts are based on logic and common sense and *disclaimer: with me not being a professional tuner*, I agree. Having said that, it would make more sense if someone is going to change either the TIP or the MAF housing...to change both after all. I am pretty sure that Honda has made the proper calculations from the airflow in the OEM box to the turbo, taking under consideration performance, fuel consumption, drivability(no jerkiness) and intake noise. Their math led to what we get. Now, if we are to change any part in that equation, we are messing with the overall balance of the airflow. Common sense says to change everything until the turbo and make sure that the new parts match in the sense of not simply having larger diameter throughout the tubing but also either keep that diameter steady.
If the intake tubing is X mm, then the MAF X/4 mm, then the TIP X mm again, then the airflow is not linear(?). Dont know the proper word.

Having said the above, I have already ordered the 27WON TIP for my Si turbo/PRL Street MAF equipped CR-V and as long as it fits (yeah, I am gonna be the lab rat - if it doesn't fit I hope I'll find someone to sell it to) I am gonna see how the TIP behaves. I am still at basemaps Ktuner 21DUAL and have various logs so I will have something to compare it to. With Ktuner having added the Race MAF calibration option for my software, I am seriously considering getting the race MAF to install and see if that helps.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is what they said...." The Race MAF provide a 4-5 hp and 2 ft/lb tq gain at peak and 10hp/10tq gains throughout the midrange over-top of the Street MAF." This is just by opening up the maf sensor diameter, at the end of the turbo inlet pipe. I posed a question as to why people thought this was the case in THIS thread by it got closed for some reason. Gains were had just by making the pipe (maf sensor) wider at the end of the TIP. The 27Won Tip is basically making everything wider from the turbo inlet to the maf sensor. So by widening the TIP and the Maf sensor (Race Maf), things should be a little more interesting. Especially if someone could utilize a tune that maxxed out the stock turbo through the whole rev range, not handicapping the torque at low rpms. ;)

that make sense, but since my car is non-si cvt civic sedan on TSP stage-1 map how much power or torque will achieve in mid rpm range on bigger TIP. those Aliexpress TIP are definitely wider than oem or even bigger than si inlet pipe, do you think i should order it?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag

Think about the analogy to electric resistances connected in series. Each section of a pipe adds resistance to overall air flow. If you make even one section wider, the overall resistance will drop. So yes, making the middle section of a straw wider will increase flow. To a point.

Because in practice this is only true as long as all the resistors connected in series are of comparable magnitude. Once one of them is much greater then the others, decreasing the others brings no significant gain, of course. This is the principle of the bottlenecks. Focus on bottlenecks. Once one section of the pipe presents much more resistance than the others, making the others barn door huge doesn't help much at all.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
those Aliexpress TIP are definitely wider than oem or even bigger than si inlet pipe...
Are you sure about that? Just cause the cross section is now a round tube instead of oval does not mean it's bigger.
Sponsored