Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wondering what products you guys are using to clean and protect the alcantara seats and steering wheel?
Sponsored

2020PMM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Type R, 2018Honda CR-V Touring
Country flag
Sonax Extreme Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner with a good soft brush and white microfiber towel to clean. 3M Scotch-guard Auto Fabric & Carpet Protector. If you use the Scotch-guard when the alcantara is new, and then keep it clean by just gently wiping it down with a slightly damp white microfiber towel, you will never need to use the Sonax or soft brush.

OP
OP
Dabeast

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any issues with the scotchgard as far as changing the texture/feel of the alcantara? Any color change?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I see the 3M is sold in 10 and 20 oz cans. How much does it take to cover all the seats?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I like the 3M scotch guard, applied with a sponge brush and not the spray because you get the random huge drops that come out. Didn't change the feel of the material, and even did a water drip test. :)

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to treat the seats but think I am going to end up with a Buddyclub wheel or something similar. I think the alcantara on the steering wheel is going to get dirty and dingy really quick.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I want to treat the seats but think I am going to end up with a Buddyclub wheel or something similar. I think the alcantara on the steering wheel is going to get dirty and dingy really quick.
Just a word of caution, the BuddyClub wheel is very large and very heavy compared to stock. I really wasn't expecting that when I received a similar wheel. Still quite happy with mine, though I'm debating getting a stock wheel wrapped in leather since I do like the light-weight of the stock wheel a lot.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a word of caution, the BuddyClub wheel is very large and very heavy compared to stock. I really wasn't expecting that when I received a similar wheel. Still quite happy with mine, though I'm debating getting a stock wheel wrapped in leather since I do like the light-weight of the stock wheel a lot.

That is good to know, I might look at other options then.
Sponsored