Alarm fast beep question

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
On occasion the alarm beep will do a fast beep, for lack of a better description. Locks are set on auto. Normally when I walk away from the car it will beep once then a couple seconds later it will beep again. Sometimes as I walk away it does a fast beep. Usually I will walk back to car and reset the parking brake and it seems to fix it. The issue is it will fast beep when I am sure I set the brake. If the door is ajar I believe it will fast beep to let you know but this usually isnt the issue.

What gives?
Sponsored

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
On occasion the alarm beep will do a fast beep, for lack of a better description. Locks are set on auto. Normally when I walk away from the car it will beep once then a couple seconds later it will beep again. Sometimes as I walk away it does a fast beep. Usually I will walk back to car and reset the parking brake and it seems to fix it. The issue is it will fast beep when I am sure I set the brake. If the door is ajar I believe it will fast beep to let you know but this usually isnt the issue.

What gives?
My Sport does the same thing, drives me nuts and makes the walkaway locks unreliable.. I have this same question..

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is that it doesn't sense/recognize the key fob. This happens when there is an interference between the key fob and another device (like your phone, for example.)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
This is why you hear the rapid beeping sound. Also when you hear that rapid beeping, your doors will NOT auto lock so make sure you click that lock button on the fob when you hear the rapid beeping.
Honda Civic 10th gen Alarm fast beep question 1643298293524

This is how you're suppose to use the auto lock. So you're suppose to step out, stay put within 5 feet from the door handle, close all the doors, then walk off. I find that even if stay put right next to the door, it only works sometimes. Seems to be worst in the cold. I think it's just a design flaw.
Honda Civic 10th gen Alarm fast beep question 1643298458444

Last edited:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
My auto lock seldom works. I get the fast beep damn near every time I exit the vehicle. Fresh fob battery doesn't matter. Fob is in front pocket of pants (or coat) with nothing else in them. Phone is in opposite pocket. I've even tried without the phone on me and it still happens. I think I'm going to turn off the walkaway feature and see what happens.

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
When I have my phone in my right pocket it does this. In the left it does not. I just push the lock button - to make sure- and move on.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I have my phone in my right pocket it does this. In the left it does not. I just push the lock button - to make sure- and move on.
The thing is my keyless unlock works 99.99999% of the time. So I doubt it's interference.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Here’s a list of things I experienced what possibly causes fast beeps. Exiting the car and closing the door too quickly. Nintendo 3ds (sleep mode) in same pocket as key fob(probably RF interference and key lock doesn’t work when too close to the 3ds). Passenger closing the door as you walk away. Passenger being the last to close the door even when being near by. Passenger decides to sit in car and wait for you. Wearing thick clothing. Walkie talkie nearby. Having keys to another car in the same pocket. Key fob battery going bad/low. Car battery going low/bad. Sometimes leaving interior lights on. At this point everything I’m listing is becoming more random why the isn’t auto locking.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
My auto lock seldom works. I get the fast beep damn near every time I exit the vehicle. Fresh fob battery doesn't matter. Fob is in front pocket of pants (or coat) with nothing else in them. Phone is in opposite pocket. I've even tried without the phone on me and it still happens. I think I'm going to turn off the walkaway feature and see what happens.
I actually use a slightly different keychain style than most, and it leaves the fob straight up hanging outta my pocket (by choice.)
Honda Civic 10th gen Alarm fast beep question IMG_20220127_141626246_b
Honda Civic 10th gen Alarm fast beep question IMG_20220127_141657301

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We as car enthusiasts like to take care of our cars. we HATE slamming doors. HOWEVER I have realized that we are too gentle with our babies. You have to close the door harder than what you would perceive as normal. I know it sounds crazy, but I have fought tooth and nail to figure it out. one day I got mad I did slam it and then it beeped once ..... since then, I dont slam it, but I close it harder than I normally do. maybe this will help others.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I have these fast beeping occasionally and while it is annoying, I have learned to live with it. Good that it does not happen often.

When this happens, I would just go back, open and close the door and all OK. It has nothing to do with doom light, fob/keys/phone in the same pocket, parking brake, etc.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have at least once walk up to my car and found the doors unlocked because this feature. Would this be considered a safety issue? If so, we should all report this to the ntsb

Last edited:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The 2nd beep would tell you that the door has been locked, right?
I always watch for this 2nd beep when I walk away.

OP
OP

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
All good input. Thanks people.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
my 21pilot and my 19 civic si do this, about 30% of the time. would guess interference from some source.
Sponsored